Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extension cable for Horizon Box HD+

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

That cable is ok for terrestrial tv but not for cable docsis channels. Cheap cable will impact your broadband speeds.

Use quality shielded cable like this and buy suitable connectors for each end. Probably one F type and one aerial type

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

I am trying to extend the output from box to TV...not from UPC socket to Box !! Any suggestions ?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Buy a long HDMI lead

tharmor wrote:
    I am trying to extend the output from box to TV...not from UPC socket to Box !! Any suggestions ?

Ok managed to extend the socket to box with dealz €1.49... 5 meter coax aerial cable...Happy days !!

Cheap aerial cable..so in a week you'll be onto upc support giving out yards about your crappy internet having completely forgotten about the 5 m of complety unshielded junk cable you use to hook the Internet up with.

• Advertisement

I am only using box for TV ...the signal quality is same(checked in advanced settigs).. I have a separate router for broadband  and its near to the socket !!

Even when deconsolidated the Horizon box uses its own docsis tuner for its own workings, You only have the internet deconsolidated, the Internal tuner is still active.

Even when deconsolidated the Horizon box uses its own docsis tuner for its own workings, You only have the internet deconsolidated, the Internal tuner is still active.

Yeah its working grand so far....getting same signal quality !!

Advertisement