Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloody big Bug

Options
  • 20-09-2007 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I was waiting on the bus this evening and seen this big fooking grass hopper. This thing was at least 6 inches long and had a massive wing span. I don't know how I got this clear pick because my hand was shaking.

It took off for a moment and I couldn't find it, then I had my had on the top of my head and realised it was sitting on my head !!! :eek:

Scary sh!t.

DSC00031.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

"Stupid bug, you go squish now."

But yeah, that'sa damn cool.

I remember in Barcelona on one of those bus tours i spent half an hour waching a shield bug bigger than my thumb crawl all over my bag, twas odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Christ- that thing's as big as Sting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

And probably more talented too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

where are you? sureley not ireland? even locusts are oly 3-4 inches long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Pshaw, thats ondly a babbby, I was sitin on the deck a few years ago with the GF when a mantid about 7 inches long started crawlin along the arm of me chair, so I gave it a flick off the balcony ( tryin to look all caring and evolved and not tha - Bug go Squish - type)

bout 2 minutes later the Fcuker come in from outside on an attack run straight at me feckin face. needless to say it got squished for being fcukin cheeky

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

where are you? sureley not ireland? even locusts are oly 3-4 inches long!

I'm in East Munich, this thing was way bigger than a locust :eek:

I have a vid of it crawling, I'll stick it up on youtube later. Theres a big man made lake in the park where I work and theres some massive dragon flies there, some where at least 6 inches or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wow that is one big bug.

Advertisement