Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband switch on time

Options
  • 18-11-2014 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Recently moved into a new house which hadn't had a phone line installed however someone from Eircom called out on Saturday and put in a phone line. I rang up Eircom today and they said they would turn on the broadband today and it could take 5 working day's to get it switched on fully is this true? I really need broadband for college assignments? They also said my efibre modem wouldn't work because I am in a efibre area so I have my older Eircom router set up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

said my efibre modem wouldn't work because I am in a efibre area so I have my older Eircom router set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Up to 10working days for jumpering.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Eircom told me that my broadband was switched on as of 9am this morning but when I connected up the router they sent in the post the broadband light was flashing red. I rang up customer support and they had me resetting the router etc which done nothing I tried it with and without a filter and still no joy.

Looks like I'll hAve to wait til Thursday for the technician to call out.

Advertisement