Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New user not allowed post url?

Options
  • 08-11-2014 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I wanted to ask advice on a product to buy and after an internet search i was brought to a thread on here so i joined to ask about it here but as im a new user it wont let me post a url. How do i get around this or how long before i can post a url? I wanted to post a link to the product im asking about

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,465 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Your account must be at least 10 days old, and you must have 50 posts to your name.

A necessary anti-spam measure, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ECastle

Mr E wrote: »
    Your account must be at least 10 days old, and you must have 50 posts to your name.

A necessary anti-spam measure, unfortunately.

Ok thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

It's weird that there's not some kind of combination of the two.

for example if you joined in 2008 but have only posted ~40 times.

well, I guess I'll go make another ~10 posts somewhere...

sff wrote: »
    It's weird that there's not some kind of combination of the two.

for example if you joined in 2008 but have only posted ~40 times.

well, I guess I'll go make another ~10 posts somewhere...

Yea i agree, post a few more here to make your quota if you want ☺

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ECastle wrote: »
    Yea i agree, post a few more here to make your quota if you want ☺

If you try and spam your way to 50, you'll just end up getting banned for spamming.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    If you try and spam your way to 50, you'll just end up getting banned for spamming.

They must be very strick on it then. Like i understand why they have the rule in place but its very frustraiting if you're being genuine with a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Tarbhdubh

Looks like im back in, i thought i was blocked for infrequent use. Need help with rte chrismas crossword 55d. We set one test in order to hear what's most dulcet to the ear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

test tone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tarbhdubh wrote: »
    Looks like im back in, i thought i was blocked for infrequent use. Need help with rte chrismas crossword 55d. We set one test in order to hear what's most dulcet to the ear?

Accounts are never blocked for infrequent use. People do reappear after years to post.

Hijacking a thread to post something completely off-topic, now that tends to be less well received.

Advertisement