Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what make of VDSL2 modem will work with VODAFONE fibre?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john1213

HI, has anyone figured out the settings needed to use a a different router than the one supplied by Vodafone for fibre broadband or is bridging still the only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 bbpete

john1213 wrote: »
    HI, has anyone figured out the settings needed to use a a different router than the one supplied by Vodafone for fibre broadband or is bridging still the only option?

Tried posting a solution but it keeps telling me I can't post images or urls

bbpete wrote: »

I'll try a different way.

UN yourserial number at (@) vffttc . ie
    PW Broadband
    VPN 10

Connection type PTM_vd10

bbpete wrote: »

I'll try a different way.

UN yourserial number at (@) vffttc . ie
    PW Broadband
    VPN 10

Connection type PTM_vd10

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DunneJ

Hi bbpete,
    Just a quick question, when you say serial number is this the serial number of the new (Third Party) gateway or the serial number of the Vfe supplied gateway ?

Cheers

Hi,
    It's the serial number of the original VF Modem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DunneJ

Thanks very much, I'm planning to completely replace the Vodafone router so just wanted to check the settings for the new one. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭darklordsbane

Hi Guys
    I bought a Netgear R7000 AC1900 last week and cannot get it to connect to Digiweb I believe that it does viber as I was advised to get a vdsl router which I also belive the R7000 is
    does anyone know how to connect this router to viber on Digiweb I am concerned because on the installation pictures that come in the box it shows it connected to a modem which I don't have
    the guy in Digiweb has been a great help, but doesn't know everything about Netgear stuff, there was a fault on my line which was fixed yesterday ,but I still can't connect,
    so I'm back on my old router which is less than reliable and has only 3 ports working
    if I need to return this router and buy another one I would rather do it quickly as they may not take a return because it's my fault for buying the wrong router
    as always any help greatly appreciated
    Regards
    D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,462 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Hi Guys
    I bought a Netgear R7000 AC1900 last week and cannot get it to connect to Digiweb I believe that it does viber as I was advised to get a vdsl router which I also belive the R7000 is
    does anyone know how to connect this router to viber on Digiweb I am concerned because on the installation pictures that come in the box it shows it connected to a modem which I don't have
    the guy in Digiweb has been a great help, but doesn't know everything about Netgear stuff, there was a fault on my line which was fixed yesterday ,but I still can't connect,
    so I'm back on my old router which is less than reliable and has only 3 ports working
    if I need to return this router and buy another one I would rather do it quickly as they may not take a return because it's my fault for buying the wrong router
    as always any help greatly appreciated
    Regards
    D
    That router is a dsl router i.e. Cable router.
    Do you plug in a telephone line or an Ethernet cable into into your modem?
    I know didiweb used to have their own routers cables similiar to UPC but not familiar with how they run fibre?
    If it's a telephone line then the ASUS dsl-ac68u will work perfectly as I'm using it for my sky fibre.

• Advertisement

Hi Blazer
    Thanks for the reply, I have a small box that the phone line comes into it has a phone line and an Ethernet connection on it the old router is plugged into the Ethernet side I don't know what that means but I get over 100mb's and was upgrade outside the house to fiber but not inside the connection is 10 years old I think

mmm..it sounds like they're bring the fibre right to your doorstep to that junction box and then plugging it into a dsl modem (ethernet)
    Look at the the back of the router and see if it its only has network connections. If it is..you need a cable router and if phone line its a vsdl router.
    But from the sounds of it , it looks like dsl so your netgear should be fine.
    Eircom only bring fibre to the cabinet and then over phone line to the house. Whereas upc/digiweb bring it right to your doorstep so your old connections inside don't make a blind bit of difference.
    Was there a username/password to be used for the router? Did digiweb provide a router when setting up the broadband?
    Sorry for all the questions but the more info you provide the better we can help you.

Hi Blazer yes Digiweb supplied a Fritzi box router years ago, yes there is a passwork and user name needed, no phone line connection at the back of the Netgear
    after 2 and a half hours on the phone to Sean from Digiweb it's working but only through the old router when I have more time I will investigate using the Netgear on it's own but at the moment it is bridging (I think) through the old one and it's faster than before so happy enough
    no doubt I will be back on again when the old router dies
    Thank you for your help very much appreciated
    Regards
    D

Hi Blazer yes Digiweb supplied a Fritzi box router years ago, yes there is a passwork and user name needed, no phone line connection at the back of the Netgear
    after 2 and a half hours on the phone to Sean from Digiweb it's working but only through the old router when I have more time I will investigate using the Netgear on it's own but at the moment it is bridging (I think) through the old one and it's faster than before so happy enough
    no doubt I will be back on again when the old router dies
    Thank you for your help very much appreciated
    Regards
    D

You can use wireshark to get the username and password from the old router and then use that for the new router and it should work fine. That's what I had to do for my one. There's some good videos on YouTube that show you how to do it, I'll post them later on

Advertisement