Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need feedback on Carlton Castletroy Park Hotel please

• 08-12-2010 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

Can anyone offer any feedback on the Carlton Castletroy Park Hotel. We are looking at it for our wedding reception and would love to hear what people have thought of the hotel, if you've been to a wedding there what was the food like etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Have been to a few weddings there but none of them were since the Carlton took over. Check out www.weddingsonline.ie you'd probably get more feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I've been over for food a number of times and it is absolutely cracking. Their chef was trained in one of these middle eastern 6+* hotels. Denis is the manager over there and I know that their events manager has moved to one of the larger Carlton's up the country but there is a new one in place.

Ask for a tasting. If you're looking at bringing 150-200 people in there they'll go out of their way for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

unfortuantely I'd have to disagree with the previous poster

I was at two weddings there in the summer of 09.

The food and service were not what you'd expect on someones wedding day, so much so that the bride on one of the days has been apologising since

having said that I know it was very early in the new owners time there so maybe things have picked up since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭ink

I have been there on the number of occasions in the past few years, usually attending parties, and was not impressed with the food either.

However, breakfast buffet and carvery was quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EoHa

Hi All,

Anybody been to the Castltroy Park since it's been taken over by the Carlton?
    Organising a wedding and wondering what it Carlton is like for food etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

Wasnt this already asked here?
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056113893
    Just checked, you have four posts total.
    In each of those, you started your own thread, and all are about the same hotel!
    Just post once, and let people reply.

Advertisement