Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do I need an active phoneline?

Options
  • 26-11-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

Long story cut short eircom are telling me I owe the over €700 and I have been disputing this for a while. I have been paying the line rental in the meantime. We are now at a stage where they will cut me off if I don't pay it. I don't mind paying what I owe but object to paying because they made a mistake.

If I was to transfer to digiweb or Vodafone do I need an active eircom line to get broadband? The line will be there but I'm pretty sure it will be disconnected because I will not be paying eircom.

Oh and a dongle thing is not an option due to the amount of devices using broadband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

While there is a disputed bill on the line eircom Wholesale will not process a port request. You need to sort out your billing problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

ED E wrote: »
    While there is a disputed bill on the line eircom Wholesale will not process a port request. You need to sort out your billing problem.

Ahh ok thank you. That's a pain.

Advertisement