Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring Broadband

• 24-11-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there just wondering if someone could help me. I moved house very recently and I was in touch with the phone & broadband provider a few weeks back about transferring over to the new house. I just moved it and whilst it appears that the previous owner has paid up his account (I have received assurances through his solicitor but his provider cannot assure me of that do to Data Protection rules obviously), it does appear that the line is still active. I therefore need to get the line deactivated and then get my own provider to get me up and running. So I have 2 questions:

1. Who gets the ball rolling on the deactivation - I have had both providers telling me today that the other is supposed request this.
    2. Anyone know how long it would/should take my service to get going again?! Aside from the stress wifi-less teenager I work from home in the evenings and in my dealings with this I simply did not anticipate this being such an arduous process!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,507 ✭✭✭Nollog

Surely the old resident would have to deal with their own account due to the data protection act.

Just get your own assurances from the provider you use that you'll only be using your own line, and plug your modem in when they say to.
    Your modem has your own login information for your provider, so shouldn't be a problem.
    I believe this is true for both dsl and cable.

If you get bills addressed to someone else, either forward them on, return to sender, or just don't acknowledge them, they're not your concern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If the old tenant has an upaid final bill/unceased account the line and address will be locked out until its paid/closed by eircom Wholesale.

You need to get the old tenant to sort his stuff out.

Advertisement