Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin 1964

Options
  • 09-11-2014 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I'm new here. I was living in Kickham Road, Inchicore in 1964. I was 15 years old and was one of the volunteers who helped to renovate Kilmainham Jail.......at that time a young lad drowned in the canal at the lock gates. His name was Anthony and I vividly remember the little fella being dragged out of the lock by firemen with grappling hooks. He was only four years old. The firemen desperately tried to revive him when they got him out but it was no use as he had been underwater for at least half an hour. Does anyone else remember this? His name may have been Anthony Nolan. Such a sad day as I watched his distraught mother being held back and comforted by the crowd.

Comments

Advertisement