Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unamarried Fathers & Joint Custody

Options
  • 31-01-2014 2:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My husband has access rights to his children 10 days of every fortnight. This includes 2 overnights. He wants to seek joint custody. Background being all access is court ordered and no cooperation from the mother of the children. He has joint guardianship of both children. I'm interested to hear from other fathers who has sought joint custody and the outcome of the applications. It appears that outcomes depend on what court area you come under.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,056 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I think you may have posted this one in the wrong forum. If you PM a moderator they may be able to transfer it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

First off ring Treoir.
    If he's unhappy with the current situation then get him to seek family mediation (the mother will have to agree), failing that apply to the Family Law Court for Joint Custody and probably an access arrangement too, contact FLAC who can give legal advice and possibly represent him free of charge.
    Ultimately if it comes down to an uncooperative mother and a judge that enables her behaviour there is nothing that can be done to change the current situation but he certainly should try and might get lucky or not lucky.

Good luck.

(wrong forum btw)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

OP, I think that the correct venue for this is Legal Discussion, so I'll move it there.

Advertisement