Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goods bought in UK sent to UK fulfillment Centre

• 11-06-2012 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi, have a VAT question.

My company sells on Ebay and Amazon, primarily to consumers in the UK.
    However, my company is registered in Ireland.

Our supplier (based in the UK) is sending goods to a fulfillment centre, also based in the UK. The fulfillment centre then sends out goods to consumers in the UK, once a products sells on our site on Ebay.

My question is: should my supplier be charging me VAT as the goods will be dispatched from the UK to the consumer? Even though my company (the seller) is actually based in Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

Yes, UK VAt because the goods do not leave the UK. It is not an intereu supply.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 55 ✭✭ameliadad

Thanks Dbran

Just a follow up question.

If our supplier sends the stock to us in Ireland, but then we re-package it here to prepare for the fulfillment centre in the UK and then send to the UK fulfillment centre - do we still have to be charged VAT by our supplier?

Finally, I gather that if we are sending direct to the consumer the UK from our own stock room in Dublin, do we need to be charged VAT by our supplier?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

ameliadad wrote: »
    Thanks Dbran

Just a follow up question.

If our supplier sends the stock to us in Ireland, but then we re-package it here to prepare for the fulfillment centre in the UK and then send to the UK fulfillment centre - do we still have to be charged VAT by our supplier?

Finally, I gather that if we are sending direct to the consumer the UK from our own stock room in Dublin, do we need to be charged VAT by our supplier?

Cheers

Why dont you just register for UK VAT either under distance sales rules or as a non established trader and claim back the UK VAT suffered from your supplier. You would also have to charge UK Vat to customers in the UK but this should make you more competitive as Irish VAT would be higher. You may actually already be obliged to do this anyway considering the goods do not leave the UK, the place of supply is deemed to be the place where the goods are at the time of their supply ie the UK.

If the goods actually leave the UK from your supplier and are sent to Dublin then they do not charge you VAT once you give them your VAT number. You need to account for the VAT as an intereu acquisition on your own Irish VAT return. But this would be very messy logistically considering that the customers are actually in the UK.

Kind Regards

dbran

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

Hi there,

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering what fulfillment centre you use in the UK?

I am looking to sell products in the UK via Amazon but the products are liquid and it is proving too expensive to have them shipped direct from Ireland to the customer in the UK.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wouldn't expect a reply anytime soon as the OP is banned. Please try and refrain from dragging up old threads.

Locking this thread as OP's original questions were answered and the OP is now banned.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement