Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAE Audit Resitters 2015

Options
  • 13-04-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Thought I'd start a separate thread as there's a large enough number of us this year and given the fall in the pass rate etc, I thought it merits it's own discussion.

So we can use this for any Audit Elective related chat, but it'd be mainly aimed at people resitting. Hopefully with some input from some people that passed this year.

So, to get things started- What's your approach this year, and how does it differ from last year?

How long are people taking for study leave?

I'm slightly worried about tripping up on my FR or other knowledge given it'll have been ages since I studied it. Does anyone only doing the elective plan on revisiting any other subjects?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mackers87

Good idea.

But God the idea of even looking at it is still rotten :(

Could someone tell me what they've done so far this year to scare me/ give me a boot up the arse.

I'd also like to jump on this request (quoted below). Would be a good starting point....
    Can someone please put up the audit mapping document that was made available last year for the AAAE Cases.

I have misplaced mine :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AuditAgain

Is anyone registered on the revision course? I'd be interested in getting links to the online lectures if possible.

Also, are many others not doing the mock (I.e not registered on revision course)? I wish I was to be honest but just couldn't afford it at the time. Wish I could pay now.

Was anyone able to find that mapping document?

I'm not on the revision course either. But I'll do the mock from home. Does anyone know of lecturers or tutors etc. who might be available to mark the mock for people who aren't on the revision course? I know of people who were able to do this with the core last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

AAA Elective Cases mapping to indicators and technical material (1).xlsx

mackers87 wrote: »
    Was anyone able to find that mapping document

Not sure if this is it but hopefully it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 lowenstein

Hi just wondering if anyone has the mapping to indicators for the core cases last year? Searched through the FAE 2014 forum by attachment but couldn't see it. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Torres999

I am having trouble locating the 2013 and 2014 Audit exam papers and mocks online? When I go onto exam papers it only gives me 2010-12?

Does anyone know where I can find them?

Trying to get back into reading a few standards now after a full year of not looking at a book.

Does anyone know if there is any tips this year? Remember last year was all about group audits.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 colint104

How did everyone find that today?

I thought it was a tough enough standard. Anyone else?

It helped me remember a few of my weaknesses though

(1) I'm crap at "other services". I can never work out the type they're hinting at.

(2) more crucially I am killed for time during this exam

How much time of are people taking (who are just doing the elective)?

I am taking 3 weeks I think, getting off about the 12th August, I really need to start getting my exam technique back though, struggled badly in the mock because I've neglected to completely all year.

I think 3 weeks of elective everyday should be ok, last year I was just studying elective once or twice a week for my 7 weeks off and got pretty close.

Find it impossible to study while working so no matter how much I say I'll start before study leave i realistically won't

mackers87 wrote: »
    I thought it was a tough enough standard. Anyone else?

It helped me remember a few of my weaknesses though

(1) I'm crap at "other services". I can never work out the type they're hinting at.

(2) more crucially I am killed for time during this exam

How much time of are people taking (who are just doing the elective)?

How is everyone getting on with this? Is anyone not on study leave yet? Im just trying to get a start now this weekend. First case of the year which is worrying. Im more worried about getting my exam fitness back then the actual content of the exam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭AuditAgain

I got off a week and a half ago. Slowish start but I've just been going through the ISA's to get me back up to speed.

Going to concentrate on exam practice now. Anyone heard any good tips from people? I struggle to know how much to write etc. The time you have for one indicator really isn't much once you factor in reading through the whole exam etc.

What's everyone been/planning to concentrate on as far as studying/preparation goes? Any topics you think are key?

And are people spending any time looking at FR topics?

Finally - did anyone go to the CAI revision course this year? Was it any good? Any advice that they stressed? If anyone had the link to the video recording I'd be very grateful. I doubt I'd be able to watch he whole thing, but wouldn't mind checking out the intro etc.

Advertisement