Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AITI CTA Exams

Options
  • 04-03-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello All,
    I am sitting Part 2 exams in August and am preparing to commence study this week.
    I am exempt from Part 1 as I am an ACCA member.
    I have received a fright today having received the documentation, it seems a huge course.
    I have not done tax for a while - so - can anyone suggest an approach to tackling the course that has served them well - ie what to do in what order etc?
    Would I need to cover Part 1 in detail first?
    I am doing it via distance learning.
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JM_2009

I am doing them too. Enrolled yesterday so should get the books today or tomorrow.

Not sure really whats involved with them but my plan is read the books when commuting to and from work then every evening I will be doing as many questions as I can. I will also go to as many lectures as I can and a great thing that we have now is they are all online too....so if you miss one it should be handy to catch it online

Im also ACCA qualified like yourself and passed the P6 paper. So I wont be going back over any Part1 material, I am hoping I still have enough of a grounding for them.

My bottom line advice is the best thing you can do is to keep attempting the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Boomtownrat81

Can someone help with Personal Tax Q5 Autumn 2013?
    In relation to calculating the amended Cap All I can't get the figures in the solution.
    The solution deducts €2250 from the total being the allowance for the table which shouldn't have been included.
    Surely this should be €1875? Cost of €15000 @ 12.5% w and t for year?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Boomtownrat81

Can someone help with Personal Tax Q5 Autumn 2013?
    In relation to calculating the amended Cap All I can't get the figures in the solution.
    The solution deducts €2250 from the total being the allowance for the table which shouldn't have been included.
    Surely this should be €1875? Cost of €15000 @ 12.5% w and t for year?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 haribo12

Hi does anyone know when the lectures are starting for the Part 2 summer course ?

When is the assignment due ?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 haribo12

anyone start looking at the assignment yet ?? (Part 2 )

Any tips / Advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement