Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AES - Wheelie bins gone from weekly collection to fortnightly!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Imagine how bad the fly tipping is gonna be when charges come in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

scudzilla wrote: »
    Imagine how bad the fly tipping is gonna be when charges come in

It's already happening, some Linden Village swilling scumbag has been off loading between 1 and 4 bags on the back road between Kentstown and Rathfeigh. I swear if I see who it is I won't bother the litter warden again, I'll just upend the bags on the step of their door and see how they like it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

washiskin wrote: »
    It's already happening, some Linden Village swilling scumbag has been off loading between 1 and 4 bags on the back road between Kentstown and Rathfeigh. I swear if I see who it is I won't bother the litter warden again, I'll just upend the bags on the step of their door and see how they like it. :mad:

Just made me think of my neighbour, he found three black bags in the hedgerow in one of his fields last summer. He went through the bags with gloves, mainly ****ty nappies and heineken bottles (Drunk babies? :)) among other rubbish, but he did find a document with an address of a house in a nearby estate.

Following day, he went down to the house and threw the bags into the guys front garden emptied the contents all over the lawn, went up and rang the doorbell and a woman came out - she wondering what was going on was handed the document and he asked her was that her partners/husband etc. document and she said yes, so he told her what he had done and left.

I bought him a pint after i heard that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just rang Mahons, as I'm a tag customer who pays as and when I need my bin emptying then I will not be getting a compost bin. Idiotic company

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

AES don't suppy compost bins..just micky mouse bags

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just rang Mahons, as I'm a tag customer who pays as and when I need my bin emptying then I will not be getting a compost bin. Idiotic company

Mahons are terrible. I rang them back at Paddys weekend to find out why my bin wasn't collected. She said it had been resceduled to the previous Saturday. I asked why I wasn't informed. She said "Oh, you must be a bin tag customer." I rang them two weeks ago to ask again why my bin wasn't collected. They answered the phone with "Hello, Panda Waste". Apparently Mahons were bought out by Panda and have switched to fortnightly collection. When I asked why I wasn't told she said "You must be a bin tag customer". Obviously they don't give a **** about tag customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Mahons are terrible. I rang them back at Paddys weekend to find out why my bin wasn't collected. She said it had been resceduled to the previous Saturday. I asked why I wasn't informed. She said "Oh, you must be a bin tag customer." I rang them two weeks ago to ask again why my bin wasn't collected. They answered the phone with "Hello, Panda Waste". Apparently Mahons were bought out by Panda and have switched to fortnightly collection. When I asked why I wasn't told she said "You must be a bin tag customer". Obviously they don't give a **** about tag customers.

Ummmm.... We're a tag customer and we had a letter from them explaining changes and also a schedule of collections.

Compost bins not yet available yet though for tag customers (unless they've recently been made available). It will take a bit of getting used to. At the moment its more of an issue of the availability of tags to buy. For a few months now there appears to be a very limited supply in the lead up to a mid week collection day. Really you need to buy a week in advance to be sure.

I've attached the collection schedule for you - hope that helps.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Ummmm.... We're a tag customer and we had a letter from them explaining changes and also a schedule of collections.

Compost bins not yet available yet though for tag customers (unless they've recently been made available). It will take a bit of getting used to. At the moment its more of an issue of the availability of tags to buy. For a few months now there appears to be a very limited supply in the lead up to a mid week collection day. Really you need to buy a week in advance to be sure.

I've attached the collection schedule for you - hope that helps.

Thanks. That's great. I rang them to see why I didn't get one of those in January. She said they don't send them to tag customers. Maybe I should be taking it personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

Thanks. That's great. I rang them to see why I didn't get one of those in January. She said they don't send them to tag customers. Maybe I should be taking it personally.

i'm a tag customer and was sent out a letter too. are you in the schticks? i'm in an estate, but my mam is in the arsehole of nowhere and when her bin wasnt collected two weeks in a row and on the second phone call to mahons, she was told, sorry! we're not collecting there anymore!! mental...

i'm a tag customer and was sent out a letter too. are you in the schticks? i'm in an estate, but my mam is in the arsehole of nowhere and when her bin wasnt collected two weeks in a row and on the second phone call to mahons, she was told, sorry! we're not collecting there anymore!! mental...

I'm in an estate. I'm going to switch to Thorntons I think. They have an annual charge of 50 but they supply a compost bin and the per collection cost is lower. They are only fortnightly as well but I'll keep my Mahons bin for those times when I want to put out extra rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

I'm in an estate. I'm going to switch to Thorntons I think. They have an annual charge of 50 but they supply a compost bin and the per collection cost is lower. They are only fortnightly as well but I'll keep my Mahons bin for those times when I want to put out extra rubbish.

good thinking batman. are their tags only €8.50? i am actually managing better than i thought i would with panda/mahons, but if i were to miss a collection i would be fairly fcuked!

good thinking batman. are their tags only €8.50? i am actually managing better than i thought i would with panda/mahons, but if i were to miss a collection i would be fairly fcuked!

That's my issue too. Especially with them not informing me of changes tot he schedule. I think Thorntons are computerised and they charge per collection automatically and you pay it online. €9 for waste, €4.50 for compost, recycle is free if your account is in credit. They also do an option to charge by weight in some areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

That's my issue too. Especially with them not informing me of changes tot he schedule. I think Thorntons are computerised and they charge per collection automatically and you pay it online. €9 for waste, €4.50 for compost, recycle is free if your account is in credit. They also do an option to charge by weight in some areas.
    Thortans have also gone to fortnightly pick up and today I got a email saying they are increasing prices to 9.90 and 4.90. Half the service then make them pay more???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Dumping of bags of rubbish/household items has always happened now and again out our road, but its visibly more evident the past month or so.

Does the council see at all that this is going to put substantial strain on resources having to pick up this rubbish by them after? and that is just our road... how many roads are there around the county?

Spotted two full bags of just beer bottles and cans dumped yesterday on way home from work... Why the feck couldn't the muppet that dumped them put them in a fecking bottle bank instead.

Utter scumbags.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

My waste charges from Thorntons have got a lot more expensive this year.

I must have missed the change in their billing. Now € 9.90 a lift instead of € 9. Fine. But then it looks like 20c per kg over 40 kg. Is that correct?

€14.30. That's what the last bin lift cost me due to excess weight surcharging.

Going to have to get the two kids to start doing their business where nature intended.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

My waste charges from Thorntons have got a lot more expensive this year.

I must have missed the change in their billing. Now € 9.90 a lift instead of € 9. Fine. But then it looks like 20c per kg over 40 kg. Is that correct?

€14.30. That's what the last bin lift cost me due to excess weight surcharging.

Going to have to get the two kids to start doing their business where nature intended.

Yea it's a joke they half the service of black bin then increase price. I emailed them and they said it was due to the price of diesel and land fill charges.
    Diesel has been at its cheapest compared to the last few years so that's BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

meath4sam wrote: »
    Yea it's a joke they half the service of black bin then increase price. I emailed them and they said it was due to the price of diesel and land fill charges.
    Diesel has been at its cheapest compared to the last few years so that's BS.

I did the same as one of the previous posters and asked Panda for a bigger bin if they were only collecting every 2 weeks, which they provided no hassle.
    Although I agree with you that this price hike wreaks of a cartel!

lack of competition, they have the monopoly!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I recently received my letter from AES advising of the change to my contract. Suffice to say I wasn't happy so I rang and asked them what the story was and what could they do. The answer was nothing to both.
    Anyway, I rang up Thorntons and have get myself setup with them. I now have 3 bins - general, recycling and food. It's about €40 a year cheaper too and so far the customer service has been far better than AES.And the food bin is a huge plus! Getting much more for my money.

That's what needed, people to shop around, because when companies have the monopoly, customer service/satisfaction takes a back seat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Some people dont have that luxuary though.
    We moved from Aes to tag a bin because of bad customer service then tag a bin sold out to Aes so now they have a monoply around Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 elBootho

We use Allied in Athboy. Very reasonable. No annual charges. We've a small black bin, big dry recycling and the brown bin. They collect fortnightly. €25'ish a month. They're sound to deal with too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

elBootho wrote: »
    We use Allied in Athboy. Very reasonable. No annual charges. We've a small black bin, big dry recycling and the brown bin. They collect fortnightly. €25'ish a month. They're sound to deal with too.

€25 a month? That's €300 per year. That seems to be average price!

I'm with Panda (ex Mahons) and I'm being charged €288 for the same service. I even asked for a bigger black bin, which they provided no hassle.

318 for AES.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

chewed wrote: »
    I even asked for a bigger black bin, which they provided no hassle.

that's interesting, I asked the same thing and the guy I spoke to said absolutely not, that if I got one, everybody would want one. I will say this guy should NOT be speaking to customers, his attitude really sucked. After ten years with mahons I've switched to thorntons and they gave two black bins for the same price no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Poncke

Whats the best waste company to go with at this point, for Jonhstown, Navan?

I rather have bin tags only, but if thats not possible, the cheapest service option.

AES is 294 (no bin charges) or 144 + bin charges

Advertisement