Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imported smart tv

Options
  • 20-07-2015 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

Possibly in the wrong section of the forum. Upgrading my trusty 10 year old sharp to a Samsung smart TV. But fiend the huge difference in price I'm strongly considering a French import! Is there any loss to the "smartness".

As in can I use Netflix etc on it. I can live without local TV players but need that to keep wife happy!
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

No difference.
    But bear in your mind that if fault occurs with TV you need to send it back to the France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Seamus1964 wrote: »
    No difference.
    But bear in your mind that if fault occurs with TV you need to send it back to the France.

Never had a problem in 10 years here so fingers crossed. Thought warranties were pan European these days ?

peteb2 wrote: »
    Never had a problem in 10 years here so fingers crossed. Thought warranties were pan European these days ?

Could be , just make sure that you're covered before you'll buy.
    Main problems will happen on delivery ( e.g. cracked screen ) and it may take a very long time to be sorted - as now nobody don't want to take responsibility.

example : I bought satellite receiver from Pixmania (French company) some years ago and it developed fault under guarantee time. Took about 4 month to be sorted out - loads of paperwork and returned goods " got lost on transit " and eventually they just forget about you .. - Never Again !

Mind me to ask website you using to buy TV so much cheaper that it will be worth for all this hassle?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Pix Mania! Not too concerned. Have used them in past with no issues. Most my day is reading small print and know a lot of logistic companies so no issue with returning items

You are good to go so. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭friso59

I've got a Samsung smart tv and found you can change the region settings on it so it picks up the local players for whatever region you want so you shouldn't have any hassle there. Its very simple. Google it and you'll find how

Advertisement