Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Guild

Options
  • 26-10-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone knew of Guild with a high number of Irish players?

If not would anyone be interested in joining me in making one?

If i get any amount of positive feedback i may look into making a guild for (but not restricted to) Irish players..
    I don't particularly care about what realm or fraction the guild is, i just think it would be nice to have a guild that had a strong Irish presence.

Let me know your thoughts :)

Gruuid
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/steamwheedle-cartel/Gruuid/simple

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Im interested but Id have to get a new account and start fresh again as I just sold my two about six months ago. Maybe after the new years? I don't have the money to spare at the moment to pay a subscription along with all the expansions for a new account so close to Christmas :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I think Outland has a decent Irish population, but I'm not there so not 100% sure.

Don't try to start a guild for Irish people. It has been attempted through this forum before, but failed. Guilds only succeed when the players themselves want a common in-game goal, namely to raid casually, raid hardcore or pvp, level alts etc. Simply being in a guild for being Irish gets old very fast as everybody would have different aims, different levels of progression and different play times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 joeyr184

Did you manage to set one up. I don't care if only a view of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

killanena wrote: »
    Im interested but Id have to get a new account and start fresh again as I just sold my two about six months ago. Maybe after the new years? I don't have the money to spare at the moment to pay a subscription along with all the expansions for a new account so close to Christmas :/
    at the moment you can buy the battlechest for 5e and mop for 10e
    offer ends end of dec i think so if you could afford it now it would save you alot of money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

johnf26 wrote: »
    at the moment you can buy the battlechest for 5e and mop for 10e
    offer ends end of dec i think so if you could afford it now it would save you alot of money

Thanks for the heads up but I decided now to bother going back to WoW, Its a massive time sink and I always end up quitting after 2 months or so :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Next patch can send heirlooms xrealm it seems. And all but current tier is xrealmable. Ya could maybe start a group up on openraid and get some xrealm raids co ordinated or soimething.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

ohh, if mop is only a tenner i might get it and check it out over Christmas break

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

fiinch wrote: »
    ohh, if mop is only a tenner i might get it and check it out over Christmas break

ATT pretty active these days man, all of the boys are back playing, just hoping to convince Ant to run a few flex raids :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im considering coming back, always do once winter arrives :P
    My toons are on aggramar and terenas,how are these realms now guys? busy or quiet?
    I popped in a few months back and things were quiet enough.
    I havent kept up to speed, is there much to do for casual player?
    Sorry to hijack the thread OP.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im considering coming back, always do once winter arrives :P
    My toons are on aggramar and terenas,how are these realms now guys? busy or quiet?
    I popped in a few months back and things were quiet enough.
    I havent kept up to speed, is there much to do for casual player?
    Sorry to hijack the thread OP.

Alot of realms have been merged, worth checking.

Plus with cross-realm being on a specific server is really only any use for goldmaking, everything else you can do cross-realm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Still nuffin on terenas getting merged though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

TheDoc wrote: »
    Alot of realms have been merged, worth checking.

Plus with cross-realm being on a specific server is really only any use for goldmaking, everything else you can do cross-realm

You can't play arena and afaik RBG's. Which makes cross-realm useless for pvp players like myself.

I'm on outland, used to be the main server (I think) for the Irish players. Now's a great time to get back into the game if you like pvp. It's the most balanced it's been in a while imo, easy enough to get geared up too.

ATT pretty active these days man, all of the boys are back playing, just hoping to convince Ant to run a few flex raids :D

What server/faction?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

red_ice wrote: »
    You can't play arena and afaik RBG's. Which makes cross-realm useless for pvp players like myself.

I'm on outland, used to be the main server (I think) for the Irish players. Now's a great time to get back into the game if you like pvp. It's the most balanced it's been in a while imo, easy enough to get geared up too.

Em yes you can x realm both arena and rbg, change in 5.4.

What server/faction?

ATT is outland alliance which is also decent for arena , queue is a bitch though .

Calhoun wrote: »
    ATT is outland alliance which is also decent for arena , queue is a bitch though .

really? Thats deadly - I don't read patch notes, I just assumed you still couldnt.

I know, I've 8x90's on outland. I'd leave my current guild if there was enough irish about to play good pvp with

I'm not sure the guys do serious pvp, think its more pve but i could be wrong.

As said before however, rather than having a set piece guild what could be done similar to the console threads is we could create a battle.net id thread where people can do PVP/E together.

I'd be up for some pve if people didnt mind me in pvp gear :]

ATT is PvE, and to be fair has been dormant for some time, but there is rumblings that a raiding group might be reforming. We didnt raid anything in MOP, but are going in tonight to see how we get on, might stoke the fire to get us back raiding.

Unfortunately we arn't a social guild in the sense, probably no issues inviting people, but it would be for casual stuff, raiding is by app only.

And if your not already on Outland, don't come :D Queues are steaidly going back up, its like the most populated realm in Europe. With so much cross realm now, really little need to join a high pop realm, just expand your REALID :)

ATT is PvE, and to be fair has been dormant for some time, but there is rumblings that a raiding group might be reforming. We didnt raid anything in MOP, but are going in tonight to see how we get on, might stoke the fire to get us back raiding.

Unfortunately we arn't a social guild in the sense, probably no issues inviting people, but it would be for casual stuff, raiding is by app only.

And if your not already on Outland, don't come :D Queues are steaidly going back up, its like the most populated realm in Europe. With so much cross realm now, really little need to join a high pop realm, just expand your REALID :)

You can relax, the only person that brought up ATT on the thread was yourself in a personal response that was off topic. If you don't want to be put into an awkward position where people may or may not join then don't mention it.

If anyone is looking for a semi-casual guild that has Irish members on outland i would look up Inneverate, nice bunch of lads. You might not make the raid team but they do have a social side.

Screw expanding your real id, if you want a shot at good pugs (i know good and pugs normally dont work) ect you need to be on a populated realm. You build up real ID contacts that way. No way you will do that by sitting on a dead realm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭fiinch

ah Dan i'd pop back on for some raiding with the lads but i don't have any level 90's, and with all my friends back from the UK for Christmas i probably would be too busy anyway. Spam that Q!

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Jaysus Doc I almost believed that. Att hasn't dominated since first tier of 4.0. Few people knocking about now doing 5 mans and levelling. Hope the flex raid went well but I don't see the guild properly raiding again at least not in the old hard mode fashion. I wouldn't think there would be a problem at all inviting anyone into the guild just to have the tag above their head and an opportunity to do casual content. Whatever about raiding.

RealID thread is a great idea, ideal way to get content going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Samcro92

Im defo interested and i have a good few mates from ireland who i play with who would defo joi aswel.

And if your not already on Outland, don't come :D Queues are steaidly going back up

2 weeks ago it was a 45 min wait at 5:30. Now its instant. There has been FCM for the horde on the server and people have most definitely taken advantage of it. The server has been instant joining all this week for me no matter what time I join at.

witless1 wrote: »
    Jaysus Doc I almost believed that. Att hasn't dominated since first tier of 4.0. Few people knocking about now doing 5 mans and levelling. Hope the flex raid went well but I don't see the guild properly raiding again at least not in the old hard mode fashion. I wouldn't think there would be a problem at all inviting anyone into the guild just to have the tag above their head and an opportunity to do casual content. Whatever about raiding.

RealID thread is a great idea, ideal way to get content going.

Last time we did that there was epic confusion and people had a little freakout, worth mentioning imo since there can be a fairly large ambiguity :)

Last time we did that there was epic confusion and people had a little freakout, worth mentioning imo since there can be a fairly large ambiguity :)

Won't be a problem if you don't bring up the guild, with it being so inactive not many know about it so people won't come looking for something they don't know about.

However I think the point witless was making is having people connected in some way can lead to casual play ect and maybe something more but this could all be handled with real Id.

Not that any of this matters the guild is pretty inactive by admission on the thread, no ones going to jump at joining any inactive guild. All that's left to happen as with many inactive guilds is to stop talking about it, then you won't have to point out anything :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

Is anyone playing together yet? I got a teamspeak server if anyone 85.236.100.125:11007 wants to start playing together. Maybe we can all start new characters on new server. Or not. I'm open to whatever.

I dont believe so, its quite time at the moment in game due to Christmas holidays, has started to pick back up.

If people were to do things together probably be good idea to get an idea of people who play alliance/horde and share bnet id's.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Hesthea

I think Outland has a decent Irish population, but I'm not there so not 100% sure.

That is easy to find. He/ she just needs to create a chara there and ask in trade chat.

I'd be up for some pve if people didnt mind me in pvp gear :]

You could farm dungeons to get a decent pve gear for raids even if it is just for fun. But if you don't go with a group of friends whose goal is to help you, you might get kicked from the party because of it =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

It would be cool if there was an Irish only guild. Maybe organised from boards.ie members

Advertisement