Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train - Leixlip Louisa Bridge to Dublin Grand Canal Dock

Options
  • 19-03-2014 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi all,

Does anyone know if i have to wait inside the train in Pearse station or if i have to get out there and wait for the another train?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭SeanW

Apalaxe wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone know if i have to wait inside the train in Pearse station or if i have to get out there and wait for the another train?

Thanks in advance :)
    Depends.

Some trains from Maynooth continue on to Bray, some trains terminate in Connolly, some in Pearse. If your train is in either of the last two, you would have to get off at the city centre terminal and connect, likely by DART, to GCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,555 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

You have to change trains to a DART or occasionally a Drogheda line service at either Tara Street (best inbound) or Pearse outbound, except for one direct train inbound and two outbound.

The direct services are at 08:02 from Leixlip Louisa Bridge and at 17:34 and 18:07 from Grand Canal Dock.

Use the journey planner at www.irishrail.ie to plan your journey as some trains on the Maynooth line only operate to Connolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Apalaxe

lxflyer wrote: »
    You have to change trains to a DART or occasionally a Drogheda line service at either Tara Street (best inbound) or Pearse outbound, except for one direct train inbound and two outbound.

The direct services are at 08:02 from Leixlip Louisa Bridge and at 17:34 and 18:07 from Grand Canal Dock.

Use the journey planner at www.irishrail.ie to plan your journey as some trains on the Maynooth line only operate to Connolly.

Cheers, i have asked here because i was not able to figure it out on my own with the journey planner.

Thank you all for your help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

You are right to be cautious. I travelled From Limerick Junc to Galway on what was advertised as a through service but had the sense to ask if I was on the right train when we got to Limerick, only to be told that it was a different train from another platform being used for the rest of the journey. Just as well I asked!

Advertisement