Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail - On-line Prices v Station Prices

Options
  • 14-03-2014 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Hi lads

Not a regular user of public transport.

Does anyone know if there is a big difference between on line prices v station prices with Irish Rail..
    Myself and a few friends have a few trips coming up and need to plan in advance.
    The last time I took the train to Thurles last year the online price was €24.99 but i didnt buy it as i taught it would be cheaper that morning in the station as it was a 9am train. Turned out the ticket cost more @ €38.

Is this a regular occurrence ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

well the fares to Kerry are hugely discounted if you book in advance

I recently went down for 19 quid , it's 70 odd if you just rock up at the station

I only booked 3 days in advance.

ohhhh and you get a reserved seat ( assuming some dope hasn't decided to sit in it anyway )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,558 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The cheapest fares in general will always be available if you book online in advance.

The further in advance you book, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,088 ✭✭✭SpaceTime

It's often *MUCH* cheaper to book online. You'd really only want to grab a ticket in the station if you've no other choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

If there are a few of you going them you would get a decent discount if you book as a group. Rig them up for a quote.

Advertisement