Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hey all CPC, is the course good?

• 19-08-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey i'm heading into second year in ucc and i want to do a chemistry degree and i was thinking of doing CPC. Is it a good option? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Pipee

Hi Coco, CPC seems like a good course, i shared quite a few lectures with them and liked to hear what the difference in my subject (chemistry) is and the sister subjects were. You will be doing quite a bit of chemistry in CPC, over half of your credits anyway i think. This will mostly be organic chemistry. Other subjects that CPC students do are Pharma subjects and biochemistry(I think), CPC also offers work experience in the industry at the end of third year.

I would really suggest you look at what you want to be learning. Since its obvious you like chemistry, maybe it would be Organic and biochemistry you would be most interested in, in which case i would suggest CPC. Other subjects related would be Forensics, which you get one(maybe 2) modules in forensics and after that is much like the straight chemistry. There is education with chemistry, and i'm not sure if this is open to you or not but chemistry and physics, which contains alot more physics, physical chemistry, a bit of inorganic, and no organic. Finally, if you like all forms of chemistry, or have an affinity to inorganic or analytical(which you have done nothing of up till now) or you havnt found what you enjoy the most yet i would suggest chemistry.

To be honest I would actually if unsure, or undecided i would consult a lecturer you know in the department.

Advertisement