Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reputable car dealers in Tipp

Options
  • 23-09-2011 10:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations? Looking to get a good used car from a reputable dealer with quality stock and good aftercare. Considering

Passat
    Avensis
    Octavia
    Astra
    Focus

2005-2007 era cars.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I got a car from the Opel Garage in Clonmel, great customer service and haven't had any problems with the car and its a 2007. Anyone I know who used that garage have had no major complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

lockie1983 wrote: »
    I got a car from the Opel Garage in Clonmel, great customer service and haven't had any problems with the car and its a 2007. Anyone I know who used that garage have had no major complaints.

Thanks - I was there last weekend. It's the frontrunner so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭JabbaTheHut

Pearse Motors in Tipp Town usually have a good selection, and are in the game a long time. While I personally didn't buy anything from them, I know plenty of people that have, and have bought repeatedly from them.

Barlo in Clonmel can be kinda hit and miss for Fords. O Leary's Opel in Clonmel is usually a good customer service place, it'd just depend if they have what you want for the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

a few years ago i was car hunting. i found pierses in tipp very expensive compared to the competition.now tbf maybe they'd 'negotiate' but i went elsewhere.....

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Cerbera

Tom Harvey in Thurles - great aftersales and generally a decent stock of that age car

Also worth calling / visiting Eamonn Ryan near Littleton. His stock levels were low the last day I passed but he can usually get anything you want and his after-sales is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Tremelo wrote: »
    Any recommendations? Looking to get a good used car from a reputable dealer with quality stock and good aftercare. Considering

Passat
    Avensis
    Octavia
    Astra
    Focus

2005-2007 era cars.
    Harry Murphy, T/A Newport Motors are main Skoda dealers for Tipp.

http://www.newportmotors.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=3153

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Pearse Motors in Tipp Town usually have a good selection, and are in the game a long time. While I personally didn't buy anything from them, I know plenty of people that have, and have bought repeatedly from them.

Id go by the below quote. Unless your buying a new car no point.
    digzy wrote: »
    a few years ago i was car hunting. i found pierses in tipp very expensive compared to the competition.now tbf maybe they'd 'negotiate' but i went elsewhere.....

The cars you have quoted are all expensive types that most main dealers would hold on to as they would have good resale value.Might make more worthwhile to go to your second hand car dealer who can give you just as good after sale service.

Id say just clonmel in general is great for car dealerships. Always go for a look there when I am buying (never bought there though:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Tremelo wrote: »

Passat
    Avensis
    Octavia
    Astra
    Focus

2005-2007 era cars.

For Focus I would check Eddie O' Connell in Bansha.He usually has a good stock,and can get you what you want if he doesnt have it.I found him great for after sales.I dont know him apart from buying from him in 2005,and havent gone anywhere since.I wouldnt go near a main dealer,I could tell some stories,but thats another day:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

I've kind of narrowed it down to an Octavia 1.9 or a more modest 1.3 Astra. I've had my fill of snakeoil salesmen from dodgy dealerships, so my thinking was to go to a branded dealership this time round. I popped into Pierce's in Tipp on Monday and the customer service seemed top notch, and they had a decent stock in. But I've also heard that they are pricey.

Thanks for the tips so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

DT100 wrote: »
    For Focus I would check Eddie O' Connell in Bansha.He usually has a good stock,and can get you what you want if he doesnt have it.I found him great for after sales.I dont know him apart from buying from him in 2005,and havent gone anywhere since.I wouldnt go near a main dealer,I could tell some stories,but thats another day:D

+1 for Eddie! perfect example of a second hand dealer who offers a way better service than any main dealer would. And I am sure there are plenty other fellas like that around the country.

@Tremelo. You have no idea of the irony in your last post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Bill Daly just outside Bansha on the road to Tipp is good. Good prices and after sales. He hasnt a huge selection but tell him what you are looking for and he will do his best to get it for you from a network of other independent dealers within a day or two. I have used him a couple of times and I know a few of others who use him and none of us ever had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭cordangan

I bought both my cars of Eddie O Connell . Best about and I have been to them all. Sometimes have to be patient though as he might not have what you want immediately but worth the wait. I try other places every time I look to change but cannot beat Eddie sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

They say "Buy the car,buy the seller "...Thats why I keep going back to Bansha to Eddie.I wouldnt think of going near a main dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭frankz

cordangan wrote: »
    I bought both my cars of Eddie O Connell . Best about and I have been to them all. Sometimes have to be patient though as he might not have what you want immediately but worth the wait. I try other places every time I look to change but cannot beat Eddie sales.

Bit of a thread resurection.
    From a fellow newbie welcome to boards, good first post ......

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EF2014

I know this is an old thread but just wondering if anybody has contact details for Eddie O Connell in Bansha. I know where the garage is, just looking for his number to call him. Thx a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

deejer wrote: »
    +1 for Eddie! perfect example of a second hand dealer who offers a way better service than any main dealer would. And I am sure there are plenty other fellas like that around the country.

@Tremelo. You have no idea of the irony in your last post!

+1 for Eddie O'Connell. Bought my first car from Eddie over a year ago and I will 100% be going back to him when I'm upgrading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Black_Ninja

EF2014 wrote: »
    I know this is an old thread but just wondering if anybody has contact details for Eddie O Connell in Bansha. I know where the garage is, just looking for his number to call him. Thx a mill.

Mod Snip.

Note: Mobile phones should be sent by PM and shouldn't be posted in the forum. We've had complaints in the past about this.

Thanks a mill! Much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Where is Eddie o'connell located in bansha? I drive through sometimes and have never noticed any car sales except bill daly. Might be looking for a new car shortly so will check out both.

He's on the road from Bansha to Aherlow. Sort of half way along there heading towards Coach Rd pub and into Aherlow that way. Hope that makes sense!!

• Advertisement

Has anybody ever bought from or heard anything about 'Autopower' in Carrickonsuir, Tipperary?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lonergac

Hi Have anyone got a number for Eddie O'Connell in Bansha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Amtmann wrote: »
    Any recommendations? Looking to get a good used car from a reputable dealer

What part of the county, North, South, Mid or West. Have you a preference, it will help you get a better response.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Xenophile

lonergac wrote: »
    Hi Have anyone got a number for Eddie O'Connell in Bansha

Eddie..............087 272 6740 or 062 54304

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Xenophile wrote: »
    What part of the county, North, South, Mid or West. Have you a preference, it will help you get a better response.

The OP has since closed their account, you maybe waiting a while for the answer.

Advertisement