Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greek and Roman civilisation -ARTS

Options
  • 25-08-2009 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi there, one of my choices in Arts is GRC, but i still dont know much on it, for istance, what aspects and categorys do you study, is their alot of essays and written work involved like in English and History, do you do greek and latin as apart of it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭CommieBaz

Greek and Roman, to be honest, is seen by most as pretty much one of the "Soft Opitions" in arts. No, you don't do greek and latin, and no, there aren't lots of essays to do. In fact, when I did it for 1st year two years ago, there were no take home essays, only two in-class ones. Be prepared to do a lot of reading though, as you'll be studying epics and tragedys such as the Iliad and the Aeneid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

hi there, one of my choices in Arts is GRC, but i still dont know much on it, for istance, what aspects and categorys do you study, is their alot of essays and written work involved like in English and History, do you do greek and latin as apart of it?

I done G&Rc in 1st year too without having much of an idea about it but by the year's end I was glad I done it.

You study Greek and Roman history, literature, art, life etc.

http://www.ucc.ie/modules/descriptions/page035.html#GR1001

Do look up this link, it'll help.

It explains most of the course, amount of hours, structure etc.

Greek and Latin are not a part of it. Everything's in English.

Essays are in the Summer exam and you can really do good study for it as they pretty much give you the content of the essays.

It's a good module and easy to do well in if you put the work in and focus on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭pinkheels88

Hiya, i'm graduating with a BA (Major) in two weeks, I knew a few people who did Greek & Roman Civ in 1st year - I remember hearing that it has the highest failure rate in first year Arts so the lecturers reeeeeally help you out with exam tips before the end of year exams - if you make a point of going to the vast majority of your lectures you'll do fine. Just have fun learning all their funny sounding Greek names! :D

Advertisement