Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 (End of March 2012 onwards)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

So how much will Kuyt and Rodiriguz sell for?

5 million each? That's 10 million for the pool warchest.

Wouldnt be a bad time to offload Gerard either if anyone would have him.

Best years behind him.

Getting rid of Charlie Adam mightn't be a bad idea either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

plasmaguy wrote: »
    So how much will Kuyt and Rodiriguz sell for?

5 million each? That's 10 million for the pool warchest.

Wouldnt be a bad time to offload Gerard either if anyone would have him.

Best years behind him.

Getting rid of Charlie Adam mightn't be a bad idea either.

£1m and £0m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Maxi from Twitter.
    Maxi Rodríguez @MR11ok
    Last home game and had q goodbye to the fans. What do you think the way to go with @SebastianCoates ?

533184_409750925723589_118450714853613_1298743_1880153972_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

About £1 Million for both if stories are true. Maxi bought himself out of the contract and Kuyt supposedly can be sold for £1 Million.

I'd say they'd be on wages of £160/170k a week. Ideally we'll get rid of Cole and Aquilani and save about the same again. Can't imagine Aurelio on big money but another saving.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Knex. wrote: »
    Maxi from Twitter.

What's Jay Spearing up to in the background?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

K-9 wrote: »
    About £1 Million for both if stories are true. Maxi bought himself out of the contract and Kuyt supposedly can be sold for £1 Million.

I'd say they'd be on wages of £160/170k a week. Ideally we'll get rid of Cole and Aquilani and save about the same again. Can't imagine Aurelio on big money but another saving.

Combined, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Combined, surely?

of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭klose

Was also good to see reinas reaction to the save from your man's header, who's name escapes me. Goes to show he knows he hasent been at his best and am sure hell be quicky to hopefully rectify

Combined, surely?

Yeah, its a fair chunk of the wage bill which grew £30 Million in 2 years.

We should see a big drop in that for this season, but we need to very efficient in replacing them, after last Summer. No point replacing deadwood with yet more.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Knex. wrote: »
    Maxi from Twitter.

Brilliant!!

Can we sell Maxi if he has bought himself out. Don't really understand it.

Brilliant!!

Can we sell Maxi if he has bought himself out. Don't really understand it.

No, wages will be saved. 80/90k has been quoted, so much for a free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,506 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

goodbye maxi, and thanks for the memories.
    criminally underused this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Having missed the game through work earlier (I'm 5 hours behind :(), I downloaded it and gave it a watch.

One name never mentioned in the match thread or on here that deserves a mention, Carragher. Great performance from the man, really bossed the defence.

Delighted with Carroll's performance again, few strong performances from him in recent months and hoping he can have a more productive season for us next year.

Henderson had a pretty decent game, as did Shelvey, although the Chelsea midfield wasn't up to much.

One thing I was particularly impressed with Shelvey for, was how he helped set the tempo in the first half, especially the first ten minutes or so. Really played the CM role well and distributed the ball flawlessly for a while.

He is still raw, and prone to mistakes as was seen with some tackles and misplaced passes as the game went on, but I think he has the making of a good player tbh.

And almost forgot, great technique for his goal as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

mike65 wrote: »
    So then Kess will have enjoyed that journey anyway!

I was listening only to the game until the last 10 mins so I don;t really know how the middle was today but does anyone think lack of Gerrard was a positive?

Gerrard would have run amok last night with how Chelsea played. Anytime we put in a good performance when he's out there's always people saying "ooh maybe it's Gerrard that's the problem" or at least suggesting it. Our problem for the most part is we have poor players and a manager who doesn't know his best side/tactics. There's been plenty of games when he hasn't played and we've been brutal.

It reeks of not being able to see the wood for the trees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

A few fellow pro's commenting on Andy...
    Wayne Rooney (@WayneRooney)
    5/8/12 11:14 PM
    Andy carroll was unplayable tonight.
    @boyhunt: Said it at Christmas & last summer Andy Carroll is a great player one of the best iv played against and I think he will be huge next season!”

On a different note .. I am going to seriously miss Dirk Kuyt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

daithijjj wrote: »
    Going back to Tyneside the other week changed him, he never wanted to leave, he got 'closure' and has showed some maturity in his reaction. He can move on with his career now.

Yeah I agree with this and plus the Newcastle fans give him serious abuse...He's got the bit between his teeth and looks hungry.

Have to save Henderson was the same last night. I think Shelvey will have a good career at Liverpool as I think he has great potential...

Bye Bye Maxi, he got a good standing ovation...

We played so fluidly last night... one touch quick passing, reminds me of the tail end of last season against Fulham etc.... why cant we do that every week??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If Dirk leaves, he'll leave as my favourite Liverpool player of all time. Different people value different things in football, and Kuyt's wayward first touch and lack of pace always made him a target for certain types of football fans. But for me, Kuyt brought the most important trait to the table with every appearance - his best effort.

Over the years this club has signed players on big money who have been so, so at best. We paid Paul Ince huge money to turn in some of the worst years of his career. Joe Cole still costs us £70k or so a week. The likes of Milan Baros and Jermaine Pennant always left you with the impression that they had more to give.

Kuyt was paid big money but by god did he earn every penny in every game. At the end of games, when other players weren't able to make that dart into space or hustle to close down the opposition Kuyt was there. In the big games, when some would struggle to bring their best stuff because of the pressure involved he would find a way to raise his level and make stuff happen.

We'll miss him. Moreover, we'll be a long time replacing him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Well said Llyod

Kuyt will go down as a legend of the club, no doubt. So many important goals in big games.

Big reason the fans are warming to Carroll, you can see he is starting to put in the effort. I don't know if the Newcastle thing did anything, maybe the final realisation that his side of the story will never be accepted there, I think his attitude might have changed too.

He seems to be trying to make things happen lately, not wait for them to happen. Whatever it is, it bodes well for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Dirk leaves, he'll leave as my favourite Liverpool player of all time. Different people value different things in football, and Kuyt's wayward first touch and lack of pace always made him a target for certain types of football fans. But for me, Kuyt brought the most important trait to the table with every appearance - his best effort.

Over the years this club has signed players on big money who have been so, so at best. We paid Paul Ince huge money to turn in some of the worst years of his career. Joe Cole still costs us £70k or so a week. The likes of Milan Baros and Jermaine Pennant always left you with the impression that they had more to give.

Kuyt was paid big money but by god did he earn every penny in every game. At the end of games, when other players weren't able to make that dart into space or hustle to close down the opposition Kuyt was there. In the big games, when some would struggle to bring their best stuff because of the pressure involved he would find a way to raise his level and make stuff happen.

Comes across as a really nice guy as well, both on and off the pitch. I'll always remember when I approached him incredibly nervously asking for a photo and he smiled, extended his hand and asked me my name. A definite Liverpool legend.

I'm not convinced we've seen the last of him though!

• Advertisement

Bit o' gossip
    Liverpool are set to revive their interest in Dutchman Eljero Elia, who they first tracked when he was at Hamburg. The 25-year-old attacker has failed to settle at Juventus and is keen to leave Italy in search of first-team football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/gossip/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

We've been missing a flakey Dutch winger since Babel left so Elia might fit the bill.

re: Kuyt - total legend, some man for the big occasion. Will never forget his debut against West Ham. He came on as a sub in the 2nd half and played like a man possessed...was cracking shots at goal from all angles & distances.

Hopefully Carroll & co. have learned something from him....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭The Chessplayer

Where's Kess? Keeping very quiet after Jordan Henderson's display last night. I never got around to changing my username, but from now on you can all just call me Jordan.

Best of luck to Maxi and Kuyt. I think we should keep Aurelio. He still could have a lot to offer. We need the backup. We've seen just how poor Enrique can be. Johnson can fill in at LB but Kelly and Agger are quite injury prone. Overall, I think we should be looking to keep all of our defenders and hoping that Coates, Kelly and Flanagan will make more progress next season. Keep Carra on the books yes, but he had to know his place in the squad - purely back-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,585 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

To be honest, I'd rather put some trust in Jack Robinson as understudy to Enrique than pay silly money to Aurelio. Enrique, Jonhon, Agger and Robinson offer more than enough cover for LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Where's Kess? Keeping very quiet after Jordan Henderson's display last night. I never got around to changing my username, but from now on you can all just call me Jordan.

Best of luck to Maxi and Kuyt. I think we should keep Aurelio. He still could have a lot to ofer. We need the backup. We've seen just how poor Enrique can be. Johnson can fill in at LB but Kelly and Agger are quite injury prone. Overall, I think we should be looking to keep all of our defenders and hoping that Coates, Kelly and Flanagan will make more progress next season. Keep Carra on the books yes, but he had to know his place in the squad - purely back-up.

He was at the match lastnight I believe..... he'll be along shortly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Ardent

I admire your gushing praise for the guy but I'd have to take the opposite view. It's because of players like Dirk Kuyt we have never won the league nor looked like ever coming close to winning it.

Fair enough, he had bags of stamina and could run around all day but my overridding memory of the player will be of a failed striker who was moved out to the right wing and who stunted our attacks due to his poor technique and inability to dribble or beat a man.

Sorry he's gone but glad at the same as we can/should do better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,399 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ardent wrote: »
    I admire your gushing praise for the guy but I'd have to take the opposite view. It's because of players like Dirk Kuyt we have never won the league nor looked like ever coming close to winning it.

Fair enough, he had bags of stamina and could run around all day but my overridding memory of the player will be of a failed striker who was moved out to the right wing and who stunted our attacks due to his poor technique and inability to dribble or beat a man.

Insert appropriate smiley here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,342 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i said a while ago that Carroll should play the vast majority of games, even just for the fact that it frees space up for Suarez to do his thing.

it is an almost unexpected bonus to see Andy looking as good as he is.

next season could be huge for him.

now, we just need a new CM or 2, a winger, and a striker, and i'll be happy out to go into next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Chris Bascombe isn't every reds idea of a proper journalist these days but he is doing a webchat at 1 pm here might have a few teaser/nuggets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ardent wrote: »

I suspect you're going to get hammered for that post - Kuyt was asked to fill a very specific role by Rafa and instead of taking the easy option and going to somewhere like Newcastle, he knuckled down and transformed his game.

I'll admit he's no John Barnes in terms of dribbling etc. but he was very much part of a team that finished 2nd in the League and don't forget he played and scored in a European Cup Final

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I'll always remember this goal from him

He's been a great servant to the club. Someone who would always give it his all and never had a 'couldn't be bothered attitude', as LuckyLloyd said he earned every penny he was paid. If he leaves, few will have anything bad to say about him and he will be missed.

We love you Dirk Kuyt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Kuyt will go down as a legend of the club, no doubt. So many important goals in big games.

Big reason the fans are warming to Carroll, you can see he is starting to put in the effort. I don't know if the Newcastle thing did anything, maybe the final realisation that his side of the story will never be accepted there, I think his attitude might have changed too.

He seems to be trying to make things happen lately, not wait for them to happen. Whatever it is, it bodes well for the future.

We will miss you Dirk. He will go down as one of the Anfield greats.....YNWA

tumblr_lljz79R4LT1qbokam.jpg

Do we know he's actually moving on? This could look silly in a few months!

Insert appropriate smiley here.

I'm at work so I don't have time to labour over every point I make.

I will say this though - the one season we were actualy in a title race with Dirk Kuyt in the team, we went through a horrendous run of home draws either side of xmas against lower league opposition. We were simply unable to break down teams who parked the bus at Anfield. We fell away in the table as a result and were playing catch up to Man Utd after that. If we had players of better calibre than Dirk Kuyt on the flanks I know we wouldn't have dropped so many points.

Anyway, each to their own. You valued his contribution, I didn't.

Hamit Altintop being linked to replace Dirky in the Metro http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/898561-hamit-altintop-lined-up-as-dirk-kuyt-replacement-at-liverpool. Seems unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I am far more worried than some about going into next season with only a few signings.

Goalkeeper who has had an awful season. A left back who is just terrible past the half way line.

Our main midfielder returning from as serious an injury as you could imagine with no guarantee he will be the same player. No wingers I would want starting week in week out for the club, I mean NONE wft?

A striker in Andy who has shown a huge rise in form over the last few week but I certainly don't trust him going into next season.

We need to do some serious business during the summer if all these guys are leaving. The squad has been shown up as not good enough this season without European football which we have next season. We're pruning it even further so we need to not only replace those players but bring in the other players we badly need that have been talked about.

Edit - Unless of course the plan is to promote a bunch of the youth players but I don't see that happening.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

opr wrote: »
    I am far more worried than some about going into next season with only a few signings.

Goalkeeper who has had an awful season. A left back who is just terrible past the half way line.

Our main midfielder returning from as serious an injury as you could imagine with no guarantee he will be the same player. No wingers I would want starting week in week out for for the club, I mean NONE wft?

A striker in Andy who has shown a huge rise in form over the last few week but I certainly don't trust him going into next season.

We need to do some serious business during the summer if all these guys are leaving. The squad has been shown up as not good enough this season without European football which we have next season. We're pruning it even further so we need to not only replace those players but bring in the other players we badly need that have been talked about.

Edit - Unless of course the plan is to promote a bunch of the youth players but I don't see that happening.

Opr

Just on Reina and Enrique. Reina has had an awful season due to his usually high standards, he has been poor but I think expecting him to never go through a bad run is being a bit OTT. He's always been prone to a howler or two but the fact our team has been so **** this year has just magnified those howlers. While Enrique might be crap going forward does that really matter with Johnson as rightback? As much as I'd like to excellent attacking and defending left backs they don't exactly grow on trees. If we had any sort of decent left winger the attacking ability of our left back shouldn't matter anyway.

I agree with the rest though, new starting central midfielder, winger and striker are essential for us along with two or 3 decent depth signings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

Our main midfielder returning from as serious an injury as you could imagine with no guarantee he will be the same player.

This has been worrying me for a while now. Its not that uncommon for players to come back from serious injuries and never be the same. Look at Essien for a recent example, he's been awful since his knee injury.

If we don't get the Lucas back that we had just before he was injured, then we'll be pretty screwed no matter who else we sign, as it could be argued that Midfield has been one of our weakest areas this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

• Advertisement

Reina's son seems like a bit of a chip of the ol block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Opr

I was hoping this would be the case - Shelvey and Henderson can deputize along with Gerrard and Adam in CM with Lucas but we need backup for DM - something I would have thought Coady could do a year ago but his development has stifled somewhat.

Sterling should be given some time - but only cameos again then maybe move him on loan to a prem club if there's interest. Same for Suso.

It'll be another two years before we see the benefits of the Academy imo - this summer we need to strengthen the wings massively.

Just on Reina and Enrique. Reina has had an awful season due to his usually high standards, he has been poor but I think expecting him to never go through a bad run is being a bit OTT. He's always been prone to a howler or two but the fact our team has been so **** this year has just magnified those howlers.

The people crying about Reina isn't some knee jerk thing but they've been voicing that opinion for some time now. Every time he makes another mistake the response just seems to be 'Ah yeah but he is the least of our problems'. How many mistake does he have to make for it to become a real problem?

I don't want to write Reina off but not every keeper is guaranteed to continue over 30 playing at the same kind of level they have enjoyed in previous years. We need to look at the reality that he might just be a declining player. It's up to the coaching staff to figure that out as they're the ones best placed to judge the situation.

While Enrique might be crap going forward does that really matter with Johnson as rightback? As much as I'd like to excellent attacking and defending left backs they don't exactly grow on trees. If we had any sort of decent left winger the attacking ability of our left back shouldn't matter anyway.

I am happy enough going into next season with Enrique just pointing out that it's a area we would ideally like to improve upon but it's bottom of the list.
    I agree with the rest though, new starting central midfielder, winger and striker are essential for us along with two or 3 decent depth signings.

I think along with three top quality signings in those areas we also need to bring in squad players to replace the likes of Maxi and Kuyt. Sterling will hopefully fill one of those positions but it's not ideal replacing a tried and trusted experienced international with a 17 year old kid for squad depth.

Opr

Our main midfielder returning from as serious an injury as you could imagine with no guarantee he will be the same player. No wingers I would want starting week in week out for the club, I mean NONE wft?

Opr

We, in my humble opinion, and in order of preference, need:

Proper left & right wingers.
    A midfielder
    A striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

The last 2 or 3 years has seen us constantly losing vital first team players. This summer must see an end to that kind of turmoil.

That means we need to make sure we keep the likes of Agger, Lucas, Suarez and Skrtel.

I am not in the least bit concerned about losing any of Carragher, Aurelio, Downing, Adam, Maxi, Kuyt, Spearing. None have contributed an awful lot this season, and you are probably talking over 20 million a year in wages with that lot.

1) Keep our big players.
    2) Keep our players who can improve on this season and be important First XI/squad members next year: Henderson, Enrique, Carroll, Kelly, Shelvey, Coates
    3) Get rid of everyone else, if we can.
    4) Promote the following to the fringes of the first team - Sterling, Suso, Wisdom, Robinson, Texeira. Give those players Europa League, Carling Cup and FA Cup action. Have a couple on the bench every week instead of 3/4 defenders.
    5) Sign the following: 1X Central midfielder, 1X Winger, 1X Striker

And we will be in good shape.
    Probably could do with a second winger/attacking midfield purchase, but we will have a very versatile group of players so our cover should be adequate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

The people crying about Reina isn't some knee jerk thing but they've been voicing that opinion for some time now. Every time he makes another mistake the response just seems to be 'Ah yeah but he is the least of our problems'. How many mistake does he have to make for it to become a real problem?

I don't want to write Reina off but not every keeper is guaranteed to continue over 30 playing at the same kind of level they have enjoyed in previous years. We need to look at the reality that he might just be a declining player. It's up to the coaching staff to figure that out as they're the ones best placed to judge the situation.

How many mistakes has he made though? I can only think of 5 or 6 and some of those haven't been that bad. I missed the goal last night, not sure if he was to blame for that. I think it's pretty common for goalkeepers to make a lot of mistakes, generally good ones will be helped out by not being put in difficult positions. I don't think he's declining, he showed last night against Lukaka that his reflexes are still top notch, it's more his decision making which needs to be improved on which I don't think is related to age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Reina's son seems like a bit of a chip of the ol block.

As does Doni Jr....that's not a joke.

Aurellio's son look like Coates.

Just noticed the Enrique photobomb too.

What did Henderson get the boot for?

5) Sign the following: 1X Central midfielder, 1X Winger, 1X Striker

That's the bare mimium required this summer. Question is though can we attract sufficient quality given we are not competing in Europe yet again? Will we be limited to players such as Client Dempsey, Junior Hoilet, etc?

PaulieC wrote: »
    I was hoping this would be the case - Shelvey and Henderson can deputize along with Gerrard and Adam in CM with Lucas but we need backup for DM - something I would have thought Coady could do a year ago but his development has stifled somewhat.

Sterling should be given some time - but only cameos again then maybe move him on loan to a prem club if there's interest. Same for Suso.

It'll be another two years before we see the benefits of the Academy imo - this summer we need to strengthen the wings massively.

Away from the transfer window we have a major task ahead in sorting out what the hell we're going to do with lots of the current reserve team. Many of them can't be left for another year at reserve level. I think the plan is that most of them would get two years under Borrell at reserve level before either moving to the first team, going on loan or moving on.

Players currently out on loan.

Dani Pacheco - Not got games while on loan. Will be back during the summer but I think will be sold.

Peter Gulacsi - Needs to go on loan again.

Danny Wilson - No idea what the club will do with him.

Toni Silva - Another loan deal hopefully at a higher level.

Others who we need to do something with next season.

Jon Flanagan - Needs a loan as another season sitting on the first team bench is doing him more harm than good.

Raheem - Promoted to first team.

Coady - Need to go on loan. As you said has stagnated badly this season.

Robinson - Promoted to the first team.

Eccleston - No idea

Wisdom - Loan

Adorjan - I love this kid, such a clever footballer. Needs to go to a good passing side most likely in Europe as I think he would fail badly in the lower English leagues.

Ngoo - Loan

Sama - Loan

Suso - Left him till last. It's just a personal opinion from what I have read, heard the coaches say that the club might not see him having a future here. He only has a year left on his contract so if we loan him out I can't see him coming back. I guess send him out on loan and see how he gets on.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Players currently out on loan.

Dani Pacheco - Not got games while on loan. Will be back during the summer but I think will be sold.
    Will be sold

Peter Gulacsi - Needs to go on loan again.
    Don't see him having a future tbh will probably be sold

Danny Wilson - No idea what the club will do with him.
    Should be sold - or loaned to a prem team if possible to see if he has what it takes

Toni Silva - Another loan deal hopefully at a higher level.
    Agreed he's capable of more

Others who we need to do something with next season.

Jon Flanagan - Needs a loan as another season sitting on the first team bench is doing him more harm than good.
    Completely Agree

Raheem - Promoted to first team.

Coady - Need to go on loan. As you said has stagnated badly this season.

Robinson - Promoted to the first team.

Eccleston - No idea
    Surely has to be sold or given a shot on the wing - he's a good player but he's getting to the stage where he needs to make it or leave

Wisdom - Loan

Adorjan - I love this kid, such a clever footballer. Needs to go to a good passing side most likely in Europe as I think he would fail badly in the lower English leagues.

Ngoo - Loan
    Don't like his style of play tbh

Sama - Loan

Suso - Left him till last. It's just a personal opinion from what I have read, heard the coaches say that the club might not see him having a future here. He only has a year left on his contract so if we loan him out I can't see him coming back. I guess send him out on loan and see how he gets on.

A bit like Pacheco - where are we going to play him - I think he's going down the same route as Dani sadly

Opr

Anybody I haven't commented on I agree with you - Sterling to the first team is a no brainer really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Opr

I think you're reading this way wrong. He's obviously one of the most highly rated kids in the reserves, and has always been accomodated in the team regardless of form or what other players are playing. I haven't heard anything from the coaching staff about him other than Borrell's comments a few weeks back, which were along the lines of "he's got sick talent, but must apply it better."

I think I read he has two years left on his contract, I know there was some debate about this on RAWK a few months back.

He has a ridiculous amount of ability and should be locked down to a long-term contract as soon as possible. He had a real dip in form at the start of the season, but the last few months he has been giving Sterling a run for his money as our best attacking reserve player.

If the club see no future for an 18 year old with that much talent then they are out of their minds imo. But I don't for a second think that's the case.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement