Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Scrappage -ideas?

Options
  • 07-01-2011 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi there,

I am looking into buying a new car. I was originally going to get a 1 or 2 year old car but then heard of the following:

Toyota are giving €4000 scrappage deals on new cars!!! You can further negotiate on price after this, getting almost €5k off!!

The only idea I can think of is to get register the car first in the name of someone who drives a 10 year old car, then you would be the 2nd registered name (this is ok as it saves 5k and I would have been the second anyways on a 1 or 2 year old car). But what happens to my friends car? Does he actually have to give it away?

Any other ideas?

Comments

RobBaxter wrote: »
    Toyota are giving €4000 scrappage deals on new cars!!! ...........But what happens to my friends car? Does he actually have to give it away?

Guess what happens it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭RobBaxter

RoverJames wrote: »
    Guess what happens it ;)

Just rang the dealer there,

It gets made into a nice little metal cube :)

Any other ideas/suggestions? Loophole? Thoughts?

Regards,
    Bob

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭spcw

Same plan but get a friend with a real piece of rubbish 94 95 etc and buy him a "new" 00 or 01 for 1k or less. he improves his car and you still score 4K.

you better trust your friend !

Advertisement