Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Abbey Slurry Tanker connection

Options
  • 09-02-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering can you suck water through the smaller conenction on the back of the tanker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

You could but the pump would be under pressure, why would you want to use that connection?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You should adjust the little screw and "up" the rate of lubrication oil flow. Also, if using the tanker to wash down yards etc, when finished for the evening suck a cupfull of diesel up the pumps "exhaust" .
    A mechanic from a local Abbey dealer advised me to do this, he claims that the main cause of broken vanes/jammed pumps is from sucking loads of water, then if the tanker is left idle for a couple of weeks rust forms inside the pump, and jams or breakes a vane the next time its used.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Conflats

Sam Kade wrote: »
    You could but the pump would be under pressure, why would you want to use that connection?

Its for sucking out a water tank across a lawn and I didnt want to drive the tanker up across it but looks like needs must

• Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭dzer2

Conflats wrote: »
    Its for sucking out a water tank across a lawn and I didnt want to drive the tanker up across it but looks like needs must

You can use it for that, you need to get a reinforced pipe and run the pump very slow. I have a pipe for that reason a neighbour has a tank that needs emptying once every 3 months and it can't be reached unless you drive on the lawn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

The pasture won't load for me,but I presume it's for a septic tank,but you can buy a pipe for septic tank for that has the same size connection head as a normal pipe for your slurry pit on to your tanker,see if I can find one online.

• Advertisement
Advertisement