Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demise of Ryan Hall

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Great runner and one of the good guys even if he was a bit out there at times. Sad to see his career end like this but to have a demise, you have to have had good times and he had some great moments in his career. Always went for it from the gun and it will be sad to see him remembered more for burning out than being one of the only guys willing to take on the Africans and running some unbelievable races along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

That's a great article thanks Itziger.

I've always had great admiration for this guy. He always seemed very content in his own skin and confident enough of who he is to try and do something different to the pack. I really like the title of his book "Running with Joy".

One sentence stuck out in the article:
    Hall handled his career differently from many professional runners, avoiding Internet forums rife with gossip and critiques, which he dismissed as distractions from practicing and excelling at his sport.
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Djoucer

pac_man wrote: »
    I wonder when he reflects on his career, will he still advocate that "faith based coaching" nonsense.

Presumably when he reflects on his career, he’ll remember running the fastest ever time by an American.

Great piece.

Fantastic quote at the end of the article.

"But it’s not a sad moment like I’m making a mistake. It felt like I was reliving a great race, one that you want to relive. But you can’t."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Hall handled his career differently from many professional runners, avoiding Internet forums rife with gossip and critiques, which he dismissed as distractions from practicing and excelling at his sport.

Like ClaraLara and, more recently, Krusty it would seem. :)

Did anyone else feel there was a bit of an agenda with the 'I won't take Testosterone' line. Very strong in first half of article. Was he trying to get at someone?? Or am I reading too much into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Recent interview here:

• Advertisement
Advertisement