Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector fan spinning up loudly after clean

Options
  • 02-01-2016 5:04pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

I have a Benq ms612st DLP projector. I have had it for about 4 years without any issues. Noticed there was a build up of dust on the vents so I decided to take it apart to clean the fans etc..

Please note, I work in IT and I strip and service PC's on a daily basis so I have some experience in this.

However, when I put the unit back together, the front fan will start to spin louder and louder after about 2 minutes of use. It gets to an unbearably loud point after a few minutes where I have to turn off the device for fear of causing extra damage.

I have competly cleaned the device and confirmed the airflow is working just fine yet this front fan won't stop acting the maggot.

Any advice appreciated!!

Advertisement