Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice Of Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Elmo wrote: »
    According to the hearld

And kian egan from the indo, just now.

independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/westlifes-kian-egan-to-be-coach-on-the-voice-2899488.html

And brian kennedy, sharon corr and breslin

Latoya must have said no.

Luckily,imagine having to listen to her through the program.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tommy Fleming and Una Healy were also offered mentor/judging roles and passed

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Tommy Fleming and Una Healy were also offered mentor/judging roles and passed

Una who? And also lucky that tommy turned it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Elmo wrote: »
    Una who? And also lucky that tommy turned it down.

Una is from The Saturdays

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mr toonland

In fairness all the judges are successful in the music industry.. I reckon this will be a great show..It was important to have an age restriction, and that it wasn't open auditions..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 mcgu

I've been doing a bit of investigating and two weeks ago copped on to a few people that got callbacks and are through to the blind auditions. What I am concerned about is the fact that there is preparation needed (a list of songs) and that if they are still making calls up to the 15th October - with filming later this month - surely those who got a call earlier have and advantage? It takes time an practice to make songs your own.... just an observation.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alabalascala

mcgu wrote: »
    I've been doing a bit of investigating and two weeks ago copped on to a few people that got callbacks and are through to the blind auditions. What I am concerned about is the fact that there is preparation needed (a list of songs) and that if they are still making calls up to the 15th October - with filming later this month - surely those who got a call earlier have and advantage? It takes time an practice to make songs your own.... just an observation.

Maybe they had chosen all the successful candidates by the end of the auditions! :confused:

Who Knows!!!! I thought it went really well - was complimented when they really didnt need to - but no call. Cest la Vie!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭alabalascala

mcgu wrote: »
    Who Knows!!!! I thought it went really well - was complimented when they really didnt need to - but no call. Cest la Vie!

I agree, no messing about I was in and out in an hour, very nice people and very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

http://www.98fm.com/2011/category-entertainment/gossipgirl/category-showbiz/the-voice-mentors-confirmed/

The line-up will include Westlife’s Kian Egan, Bressie, Sharon Corr and Brian Kennedy.

I just dont know... cant see anything but the run of the mill bland bland bland 'loads of it already' type musicians getting pushed forward.
    Cant see any Rap/Hip Hop or urban anything happening with these.
    Pity, this would have been a great opportunity to bring music forward. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭WASP0

According to the Herald the audience at the Helix will be charged to attend...OUCH!
    "The show was set up by an independent production company, RTE are just the broadcasters and will not be subsidised at all.
    "Ticket charges are there to cover the hiring of venue costs," the spokesperson said.
    Single tickets for the show will cost €10, two tickets will cost €15 while four tickets will cost €30.

WASP0 wrote: »
    According to the Herald the audience at the Helix will be charged to attend...OUCH!
    "The show was set up by an independent production company, RTE are just the broadcasters and will not be subsidised at all.
    "Ticket charges are there to cover the hiring of venue costs," the spokesperson said.
    Single tickets for the show will cost €10, two tickets will cost €15 while four tickets will cost €30.

Well that kills the show, helix doesn't work as a tv venue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 valentia1

Hi
    I was auditioned by what I consider children, in the name of God why did they not have mature adults to do this difficult Job, very unfaire on us older mature adults when a child is facing you to audition you....come on for Gods sake they will only base it on their present styles of music.

I kinda felt the same myself to be honest - but theyre the judges at that point.... and I am starting to push on I suppose!!!!! I sang two song one from the seventies and the girl looked at me blankly - she had never heard of them - one of them was "At Seventeen" - by Janis Ian. Blank look....... (I never sang in public before so it was a long shot in the first place) Anyway some very impressive talent are through and I really do hope they find someone special. Best of luck to everyone that got through - and enjoy every second of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Hey guys, I went for the BBC version of this... No word on an audition as of yet, but I was wondering what you guys sang for your auditions? I'd like some advice!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 valentia1

Hi
    Just wondering where did you go to for audition? and when can you pass on the info please?
    I honestly believe that most of the acts that were chosen before the Irish auditions! according to when you read the comments on boards, some were went straight through even without the audition.
    This stinks:confused:
    But the best of luck its sad that we have to go outside of our own country to get any form of recognition.
    I hope you go all the way
    Christine
    Valentia

https://www.bbcthevoiceuk.co.uk/application

First applications closed last night (23rd October) I think the next rounds close on the 19th November. Whats the story on Irish entries??? Will they be entertained?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

Irish entries closed.

We didn't get through :(

The blind auditions start from tomorrow until the 30th.

Balls. Sorry to hear that.

Getting confused - on the BBC The Voice - its says" REGISTRATION FORMS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE FOLLOWING DATES:

For the first London dates and all other cities:
    Midnight on Sunday 23rd October 2011

For the second London dates:
    Midnight on Saturday 19th November 2011....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I don't have a clue, I applied the other day and received an email saying I'd hear back in the not too distant future with more details, but I've yet to hear anything!

Well guys,
    Have you checked out the voice of ireland wall on facebook - a bit of controversy.
    What do you all think????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 pentiuminside

I was in the audience for two of the blind audition shows. I loved the show on Sunday it seemed to go great! BUT then it went all south Monday when the last acts of the show sang and none of the judges had any votes left. They had all met their quota for the show. Two excellent female singers sanger not knowing they had no chance and one guy with a tenor voice who blew us all away had no chance either. I thaught the show was going to be fair to the singers and gained my interest I have now lost all interest in it and I hope the judges speak out!!! BE FAIR!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 thiadale06

Hi all I was an audience member for the blind auditions on monday the 31st and i can honestly say it would only happen in Ieland in my opinion it is a rip off of a decent show from what I saw of the american version by that i mean the judges lets face it Brian Kennedy Sharon Corr Mr cover version Kian Egan and Stripey Socks Bressie who seems to have a serious problem with his Diaphram You'll see it when it airs. On monday there was 25 acts to sing for the expert panel of judges ha ha lol. What happened was act no;25 a lovely girl came out to audition for her chance to get through to the battle stages she did a lovely version of Christina augelira and in my opinion deserved a place in the next round but what she didn't know and the whole fecking audience did know was the fact there was no spaces left for her to go through but the so called expert panel of ego's proceeded in there review of her performance and told her the reason's for not turing around was that they didn't think she was good enough. The girl got upset and Sharon put on the croccodile tears to make it look good. What a farce one man who aired his views at miss corr was politely asked to leave the helix. It is in my opinion a fix from the word go and i think the last girl to sing should get a publiic apology for what i saw as complete ignorance on the whole productions part and the judges for been downright patronising. any way enjoy the Farce that is the Voice.

It is a total mess!!! the last 7 acts should get a second chance!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 bugz

Absolutely shocking, funnily enough they removed all of the comments from facebook now which by the way told the truth about what happened.

Good thing they have no control over boards then eh.

For people who didnt see the facebook page, this is what happened at the final blind auditions:

There were 5 - 6 acts to go with only 1 judge left with a pick.
    These last contestants were not told this so they thought they were singing to 4 judges like the rest of the people who competed.

It was so blatently obvious what was going on cos when one judge had all of his picks he told the next person to sing that he had filled his places.

There was then a quiet word in his ear and then he didnt say this to the next acts. He had to make excuses as to why he didnt turn around.

The final girl who sang was allowed to sing even though no places were left.
    The judges then lied to her, actually making up things as to why they did not press the buzzer to turn around.

Is it just me or is that just a little misleading??

In my opinion these final contestants should be issued an apology from the producers and judges.

It also has to make you wonder how much control the judges had of actually selecing people.......

Sounds like it wasnt thought through properly to be honest. I'ts a terrible shame for the last few contestants - especially the last girl - by the sounds of things she was good. Shinawill (the production company doing this for RTE) will be getting a grilling. Hopefully by next year these problems will be teased out - but there are at least 6 people that should be invited to next years blind auditions.

Its just an awfull shame that production companies cover up so much! you have to be there to see it in person to believe it! I hope the fella and two girls continue singing and dont listen to rubbish the judges had to come up with not to vote people through as they had no votes left... For example Kian egan calling a tenor singer an opera singer (their was no acting kian just singing)! do these guys realy know what they are talking about?? Bressie talking about people sining naisily when they clearly sang from the diaphram. When people who actual know how a singer should sing see and hear some of this crap they will fall around laughing thats if they even put it on the screen as im sure they will spot how stupid they sounded.. they realy got it wrong and covered it all up then by removing all the comments on facebook the next day.. Everyone in the audience could not believe their eyes and ears!

How did the set look? How was the Helix?

You can make a complaint when it broadcasts.

I never really understood why "Bressie" was chosen, I don't know why the media have latched on to him, TBH.

Kian and Corr can sing but are they technical? I always felt that both Dana and Linda Martin had some idea of singing skills (but then I know nothing). Again I assume the Kennedy has some technical knowledge????

• Advertisement

Are Kian, Sharon Corr, Bresie and Brian Kennedy all signed connected to Universal by any chance?????

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement