Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAO HTC Desire users - Voice search/input query

Options
  • 04-08-2010 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Quick question for you. I'd love to be able to use the voice recognition features on the phone, ie Google voice search and speech to text, when on the go on data connection but for some reason it only seems to work over wifi. Is anybody able to use it on just a data connection? I've tried a few different custom roms in the hope that it might work but always the same.

P.S voice dialler seems to work grand without wifi but not the rest, ie creating text or doing a google search

Any help/suggestions will be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's great fun for guessing conmpletely wrong words - I laugh a lot when I see what it thinks I've said...

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Anybody???

Can anybody confirm if their desire can run a google voice search on data connection or only on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

breeno wrote: »
    Anybody???

Can anybody confirm if their desire can run a google voice search on data connection or only on ?

Yes it works on data connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Interesting, what network and rom you using? I'm vodafone and using Leedroid but does not connect when on 3g or "H" connection

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

breeno wrote: »
    Interesting, what network and rom you using? I'm vodafone and using Leedroid but does not connect when on 3g or "H" connection

I am on Vodafone and its worked on most of the 10 odd ROMs I have tried the past month or so, not tried LeeDroid mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement