Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dooradyole

Options
  • 04-02-2010 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey All,

would appreciate some advice,

I am moving to Limerick because of work and going to be living with a mate of mine until I can see some places on my own.

I am going to be working in the city centre and would appreciate any advice on the area, my mate was a bit vague saying everything is close enough and coming from Dublin close enough is usually a half hour walk. :D

Just want some second opinions as I will be on foot for the first few weeks and would like to know a little more about the area in general.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

Half an hors walk and you will be in the city centre. All you need is easily accesible from Dooradoyle (shopping centre, a few pubs, doctors, cinema etc). All these are within 10mins walk from Dooradoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Ya Dooradoyle is a nice residential area well serviced by ameneties as outlined in the previous post. Bus Eireann operates a regular city bus service to the city centre on its Raheen route at peak times. It's scheduled every ten mins but that's rarely the case, still regular enough to get you to work in town on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

ya the dooradoyle area is one of the biggest suburbs, about 25,000 live there so its well equipped with a shopping centre, restaurants, pubs, cinema etc, only about a half an hours walk to town (depending where abouts you live) and has a good bus service

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

O'Connell Avenue would be a good compromise for you. What's your budget/preferred living arrangements.

Advertisement