Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin Charges

Options
  • 07-08-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Ok. I know this is wrong and bit of a strange story but I want to rectify it now. Basically, I moved into a place a few months ago. The bin was out of date by the time I moved in.

I moved in with another person, who at the time, refused to pay bin charges. So, at the time I remember ringing them asking how much it was for the year, and I was blown away by how much it cost and could not afford it on my own. I cant remember exactly how much it was.

So, anyways, basically, I have money together now, the person in the house is gone. I want to rectify this problem. How much would it be roughly for bin charges, from now until December? Can you pay per month? The bins are still out the back. Am afraid to ring them in case I get in trouble.

And no, I wasnt illegally dumping. My friend down the road kindly took pity on me and allowed use of his bin. The other person I dunno what they did.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Don't think you can pay by month (they give you a sticker to put on the bin, usually 3 or 6 months ahead). Easiest thing to do is call your bin company and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭Sunn

its possible to pay by month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ramtha

you have to sign up for a 6 month contract but can pay them monthly or you can buy the bags at 7.50 and 2.50/3.50 for the recycable bags.in some areas you need to get a permit from the council but i got one no hassle whatsoever and the permit is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I stand corrected. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

Well, they said that you can only pay monthly when you sign up at the start of the year. So, basically from now until end of December will be €104. Not bad at all!!!

Thought it would be at least twice that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 samhain's son

I got a quote from Clean Ireland for 127E for now til end of year. This is one week regular bin and one week recycle bin collection. Was told not to use Mr Binman by my neighbours as he is suing loads of old age pensioners. Not too sure of details of that but don't want to annoy anyone before I settle into area so maybe someone else could let us know what that is all about.

Advertisement