Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Neighbourhood Watch Merged Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Seen an Audi A3 smashed into the entrance of Castlfield last night, it took out the granite blackcaps at the front and continues into the bush beside it.

Happened just before eleven and the two airbags gone off in it, passenger side windscreen smashed and key still in the ignition but no sign of the driver and passenger, not sure if it was stolen or a drunk driver just did a runner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

For people who don't want to click the link. An ambulance was stolen from Parslickstown yesterday morning and the emergency crew had to barricade themselves into the house they were in treating a patient as people turned up with weapons to attack the person they were trying to treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

That is sickening, anyone attacking or obstructing frontline staff doing their job like this should receive a minimum of 10 years. Scum!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Was that ambulance badly damaged as saw one on a recovery truck heading towards Wexford the other day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

There were multiple cars broken into last night at Coolmine Sports Centre.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

kenon wrote: »
    There were multiple cars broken into last night at Coolmine Sports Centre.

Ah not again. Was the security guy not patrolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Our friends are in the area again this afternoon testing alarms by hammering on door frames, under the guise of selling kitchen knives. 05WW dark grey Transit van. Man and woman in their late 40s.

I shocked the heck out of the fella by waiting a moment and snapping open my front door as he was moving across to peek in the living room window. I followed him out and made sure he saw me write down the van rego.

No harm to mention to older or vulnerable neighbours about such tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Our friends are in the area again this afternoon testing alarms by hammering on door frames, under the guise of selling kitchen knives. 05WW dark grey Transit van. Man and woman in their late 40s.

I shocked the heck out of the fella by waiting a moment and snapping open my front door as he was moving across to peek in the living room window. I followed him out and made sure he saw me write down the van rego.

No harm to mention to older or vulnerable neighbours about such tactics.

What area you in?

• Advertisement

dibs101 wrote: »
    What area you in?

Hazlebury, Castaheany

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭daymobrew

This morning (7 Dec) a white Fiat van, 05D2xxxx, was in Riverwood Chase/Copse three times (7:50am, 9am, 9:50am). The two men picked up those "Second Chance Clothing" (based in Tipperary) bags.

I rang it into the Gardai because of the frequency of their "visits"

Unfortunately, despite repeatedly asking residents not to support these people they continue to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Charity door to door collections or cold calling, should be made illegal.

People need to be saved from themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Car just got burnt out in front of Smyths toy store in Blanch SC at closing time. Literally outside the front door.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

djmarkus wrote: »
    Car just got burnt out in front of Smyths toy store in Blanch SC at closing time. Literally outside the front door.

Was it "burned out" as in someone set fire to someone's car or was it an accident or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

It had the small back window smashed and something thrown in.

Burnt out would be an exaggeration but it was badly smoke damaged.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

djmarkus wrote: »
    It had the small back window smashed and something thrown in.

Burnt out would be an exaggeration but it was badly smoke damaged.

It was deliberate though, is the main issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭fasterbetter

Had a chap around Castleknock collecting for a school Trip to Zambia Said he was from CCC or Castleknock College (Seemed to switch between both)..Mentioned the Melodian Youth club and habitat for humanity...

a bit of googling suggests there is no such youth club in the area.

I reckon its a con...

Be warned...

Had a chap around Castleknock collecting for a school Trip to Zambia Said he was from CCC or Castleknock College (Seemed to switch between both)..Mentioned the Melodian Youth club and habitat for humanity...

a bit of googling suggests there is no such youth club in the area.

I reckon its a con...

Be warned...

Sounds like a con, but sadly most charities are.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Shemale wrote: »
    Sounds like a con, but sadly most charities are.

While it's entirely possible that it's a scam, I think you're doing a great disservice to all the people who give up their time and/or money to help those less fortunate than themselves by making such a sweeping generalisation. Admittedly there have been instances recently of extremely poor governance of a number of high profile charities, but that doesn't take away from the amazing work done by their volunteers who are actually doing the hard work at the coalface.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    While it's entirely possible that it's a scam, I think you're doing a great disservice to all the people who give up their time and/or money to help those less fortunate than themselves by making such a sweeping generalisation. Admittedly there have been instances recently of extremely poor governance of a number of high profile charities, but that doesn't take away from the amazing work done by their volunteers who are actually doing the hard work at the coalface.

The majority of charities squander the majority of their cash. I wasn't speaking about the volunteers of whom I know many that do great work on the frontline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Anyone else hear of fatal hit and run off Clonsilla road tonight? Friend who lives there said it happened 100m from their house? May the poor lady rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

athtrasna wrote: »
    Anyone else hear of fatal hit and run off Clonsilla road tonight? Friend who lives there said it happened 100m from their house? May the poor lady rest in peace
    Haven't heard anything and nothing on the news sites yet?

fletch wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything and nothing on the news sites yet?

Ditto, and there was mention of a couple of road deaths around the country yesterday, for which condolences to their loved ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Ditto, and there was mention of a couple of road deaths around the country yesterday, for which condolences to their loved ones.

Me either but the friend who told me is not one to spread rumours that might not be true. Will confirm with her

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

House broken into in Willans today, looks nothing taken all the drawers open and cupboards ransacked upstairs. Came in through the back patio door which was locked, they smashed it, key was in the lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

liamog wrote: »
    House broken into in Willans today, looks nothing taken all the drawers open and cupboards ransacked upstairs. Came in through the back patio door which was locked, they smashed it, key was in the lock.

Where's that?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

horse7 wrote: »
    Where's that?

Ongar Green

liamog wrote: »
    Came in through the back patio door which was locked, they smashed it, key was in the lock.

On this just be aware that some insurance policies have a condition that keys should not be left in doors even if locked or they may not pay out.

• Advertisement

Shemale wrote: »
    On this just be aware that some insurance policies have a condition that keys should not be left in doors even if locked or they may not pay out.

Not even bothering with the insurance for this one, the excess for a broken patio window is more than the cost of replacing the glass.

Advertisement