Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair count

Options
  • 13-05-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Just wondering how much hair do people notice falling out per day, I usually see around 25 - is this alot? Im 28 so getting a little consious, the sides are receding but the top seems ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Goono911

Im in a similar situation but Im only 25.... Its not bad yet but Im starting to get a bit worried... not sure what if anything can be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Feck all,Im 31 and have a ridiculously thick head of hair,thanks Dad!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

It's normal to lose a certain amount of hair every day. 25+ doesn't seem too many.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I must be loosing about 2500 a day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I used to loose about 50-150 a day between the ages of 16-21, but it has slowed recently to about 10-20 a day. It's thinner than it was, but then again it used to be like the amazon. Most of this falling out is due to my hair's considerable length and weight (down to upper thighs when it's wet) though, and not because I'm going bald. I hope. I've never seen my biological father, but if I wanted to, it would be to check his head for baldness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

lose

   /luz/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [looz] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA verb,lost, los·ing.
    –verb (used with object) 1. to come to be without (something in one's possession or care), through accident, theft, etc., so that there is little or no prospect of recovery:

loose

   /lus/ dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show Spelled [loos] dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif Show IPA adjective,loos·er, loos·est, adverb, verbloosed, loos·ing.
    –adjective 1. free or released from fastening or attachment

Two completely different words!! :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

How do you count them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Feck all,Im 31 and have a ridiculously thick head of hair,thanks Dad!
    The gene responsible for hairloss comes from the mothers side of the family, I think.
    Not many, not something I'm looking out for or anything either though as I'm only 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

unless you have long hair how do you know?

Loads are gonna blow away in the wind too.

Advertisement