Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business contact won't respond to emails ??

Options
  • 22-04-2010 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi folks,

I'd like to get your thoughts on something.I was in contact with someone recently who is doing some work related to a project of mine.I was chatting to her via email and outlined what it was that I wanted done.So she provided me with her postal address and I forwarded the documents on by post a few days later.Since then I haven't received any reply to my emails asking to confirm if she had received them.The whole process was at a very early stage and I should stress no money changed hands.I find it very strange that I haven't heard anything from her ?? Also I sent off an mail to an post to try and determine if it arrived at its intended destination.Your thoughts gentlemen ??

mcmanaman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

She may still be absorbing the documents you sent her. I am sure she will get back when she has something to tell / give you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Have you telephoned her?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mcmanaman

lonad wrote: »
    She may still be absorbing the documents you sent her. I am sure she will get back when she has something to tell / give you.

You are probably right Ionad.I'd still prefer confirmation it arrived

nouggatti wrote: »
    Have you telephoned her?

Nope.Only have her email address and address.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

mcmanaman wrote: »
    Nope.Only have her email address and address.

Ah. I'd make sure I had a phone number in future.
    She could be either:

a. ignoring you as she doesn't want to do the work.
    b. overrun with work full stop and unable to prioritise well.
    c. uncontactable due to some freak technical issue/medical issue/family issue, i.e. a force majeure event.

How long are you waiting for a reply?

• Advertisement

nouggatti wrote: »
    Ah. I'd make sure I had a phone number in future.
    She could be either:

a. ignoring you as she doesn't want to do the work.
    b. overrun with work full stop and unable to prioritise well.
    c. uncontactable due to some freak technical issue/medical issue/family issue, i.e. a force majeure event.

How long are you waiting for a reply?

Yep will definitely get a phone number in future.

Its hard to know what the story is.Like Ionad said it is most likely she is still absorbing the documents.She works freelance so I doubt very much she would turn work down in the current climate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

I hope you get this sorted, but its not a relevant topic for tGC. Maybe try one of the business fora?

DrG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement