Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dell xps battery

Options
  • 25-11-2008 12:57pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hi
    I have a dell xps m1710,the battery is ****ed,only lasts about 20minutes without the plug.I was on the dell website and I cant find one,does anyone know where I can buy a new one without buying through dell?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Is it not the same battery as the predecessor, the M170? If so, that's on the Dell website (pricey though :pac:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I dont know if there the same or not.would any dell battery do?or does it have to be compatible with the xps m1710?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

I dont know if there the same or not.would any dell battery do?or does it have to be compatible with the xps m1710?
    Well it would have to be compatible with the M1710 of course, but I *thought* that those machines were almost the same and took the same battery. If you look at some of the aftermarket batteries for the M1710, it says also compatible with M170 and a whole bunch of others, 17" Inspirons etc.

Don't quote me on that though, it would be best if you confirmed it with Dell first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Well voodoo child you were right,the m170 battery is compatible with my laptop,but theres a problem,

http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=dhs&cs=iedhs1&sku=451-10246&mfgpid=1261066

Look at the price :eek:

anywhere else I could purchase one and not be ripped off :pac:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Probably e bay from hong kong. I got a battery for sony laptop and it was about half the cost of getting from sony.

• Advertisement
Advertisement