Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television favorite quote

Options
  • 30-08-2011 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

just thinking that a thread of fav. quote from tv shows would be good
    please enter the quote in quote marks and name the show....

ill start

"Gravity , thou art a heartless bit*h" The big bang theory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

are you out of your Vulcan mind!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A few from my favourite programme, Battlestar Galactica. The second two might be mildly spoilery but probably won't make sense if you haven't seen the programme.

Bill Adama, straying from his prepared remarks in his speech at the decommissioning ceremony for the Galactica in the pilot:

"Why are we as a people worth saving? We still commit murder because of greed, spite, jealousy. And we still visit all of our sins upon our children. We refuse to accept the responsibility for anything that we've done. Like we did with the Cylons. We decided to play God, create life. When that life turned against us, we comforted ourselves in the knowledge that it really wasn't our fault, not really. You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore."

Laura Roslin:

"No. Not now. Not ever. Do you hear me? I will use every cannon, every bomb, every bullet, every weapon I have down to my own eye teeth to end you! I swear it! I'm coming for all of you!"

The Great Saul Tigh:

"My name is Saul Tigh. I'm an officer in the Colonial Fleet. Whatever else I am, whatever else it means, that's the man I want to be. And if I die today, that's the man I'll be."

And I'll leave the last word to Walt from Breaking Bad. Sometimes keeping it simple does the trick, and delivery is everything:

"Stay out of my territory!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21 willonzo

"You might very well say that, but I couldn't possibly comment." - House of Cards

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"Winter is coming"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

"Each one of us was brought here for a reason"-John Locke, Lost

"Save the Cheerleader, save the world"-Hiro,Heroes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

The great Zapp Brannigan (Futurama):

"If we can hit that bull's-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...Checkmate."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Some more great Futurama ones:

Fry: "Full price for gum? That dog won't hunt monseigneur!"

Leela: I'm supposed to meet my parents at ten!
    Bender: Nine...ten...a big fat hen. The name's Bender."

Bender: "I came here with the simple dream... a dream of killing all humans. And this is how it must end? Who's the real 700 billion ton monster here? Not I... Not I..."

Zapp: "Don't be such a a chicken, Kif! Teenagers all smoke and they seem pretty on the ball."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

I love it when a plan comes together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Sarah?

"A little misunderstanding?! Galileo and the pope had a little misunderstanding!"

Sheldon - The Big Bang Theory

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Lisa needs braces...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"A trick is what a whore does for money Michael, I perform illusions"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,664 ✭✭✭brian_t

bpb101 wrote: »
    please enter the quote and name the show....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"Pop! Pop!" - Magnitude in Community

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

"That dude was hard core racist. Like 1800's Disney style." - Troy in Community

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

"ah amnesia the free prize at the end of every bottle (of tequila)" sheldon cooper:D

"guys, i know kung fu" chuck bartowski via the matrix

chandler "twins"
    monica "are you freaking out"
    chandler "join me wont you"

"happy slapsgiving" marshall ericksen :D

"get it done llyod or im gonna choke you out with a strap-on" ari gold threatening llyod to get something done

"sookie" bill compton

"tonights the night" dexter morgan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,321 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

don ramo wrote: »
    "sookie" bill compton

and it has to be said in a growly Southern accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Baldrick: I have a cunning plan

Blackadder: Is it as cunning as a fox that has just been made professor of cunning at Oxford university?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beave

"For me, socks are like sex, tonnes of it about, but I never seem to get any!"

One of a million classic lines from the great Blackadder. This was delivered by the Prince Regent in Blackadder the Third.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,266 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

See my sig.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,293 ✭✭✭✭Penn

A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the sh*t that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come. - Lester Freamon (The Wire)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

"I just blue myself" - Tobias Funke (Arrested Development)

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭thegoodgirl

Another Big Bang, funniest show on tv :D

Sheldon: But then some poor woman is going to pin her hopes on my sperm, what if she winds up with a toddler that doesn't know if he should use an integral or a differential to solve for the area under a curve?
    Leonard: I'm sure she'll still love him.
    Sheldon: I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

Lisa needs braces...

DENTAL PLAN

<3 Sheldon :D :pac:

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock

The Big Bang Theory

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

THE BIG bang theroy
    Penny: oh no you cant sit there that Shelden spot
    Bernadette can't he sit somewhere else
    Penny oh ,no you see In the winter that seat is close enough to the radiator to remain warm, and yet not so close as to cause perspiration. In the summer, it's directly in the path of a cross-breeze created by opening windows there and there. It faces the television at an angle that is neither direct, thus discouraging conversation, nor so far wide as the television looks distorted
    Shelden i was wrong there may be hope for her after all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

Bazinga!

the big bang theroy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

The Thick of it rules! (mainly for its creative use of cursing)

Malcolm Tucker: He's as useless as a marzipan dildo.

Malcolm: Stats, percentages, international comparisons, information. E-mail them fúcking wads of information. And tell them to get their heads around it before they put pen to paper, or I'll be up their arses like a fúcking Biafran ferret, right? Come on, unleash hell!

Jamie: Have you seen the Whip's numbers?
    Malcolm: NOMFuP.
    Jamie: What?
    Malcolm: NOMFuP. N-O-M-F-P. Not My Fúcking Problem. I quite like that. Did you like that? I'll use that quite a lot today.

Malcolm: Come the fúck in or fúck the fúck off.
    Hugh: Well I'll come the fúck in then.

Father Ted

Tape dispenser: "You have used two inches of sticky tape. God bless you." :D

Jack: "Nuns - REVERSE!!" :eek:

Ted: "There's a 'G' in Dougal...." Dougal: "...Where??" :confused:

*Gunshot* *Tom returns to the car* ...Tom: "'Twas my money father, I just didn't want to fill out d'forms." ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Wu!
    Swedgin!

:pac:

Advertisement