Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking Bad (Pre-Season 4)

• 23-02-2011 12:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭

Just finished the third series can't wait for the fourth!

Some ending for the third series.......

Just the flow of the whole series is unreal. I think (depending on how fourth season goes and how they conclude everything) this could be up there with the wire!
    I hope i have not jinxed it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is Breaking Bad shown on Irish television or do you just own DVDs or watch it on the internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I'm really looking forward to the next installment of Breaking Bad. This is by far one of my favourite programs currently on television. The writing is fantastic, it flows beautifully and the characters have depth; they're dark and light and have shades of grey, they're well-rounded and among the most human and flawed characters on any current show.
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    Is Breaking Bad shown on Irish television or do you just own DVDs or watch it on the internet?

I haven't seen it on Irish TV myself, but maybe someone else here will have more information on when/if it gets aired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think FX is the station that shows it over here.

However since Sky Atlantic's deal includes AMC shows, there is a chance it could appear there first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I have said it a few times but the "RUN" scene in the second last episode of season 3 is by far my fav moment of any TV show.

Easily the best TV show currently airing IMHO.

I remember when I first put it on I could only see Hal from Malcom in the middle, now If MITM is on I can only see Walter. BC is such a top actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Just ordered Series 1 & 2 this morning from Play. Only heard about this show recently (i.e. yesterday :pac:) - really looking forward to watching it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

My brother had the first two box set( presume he got the local record shop to order them in) and then I ordered the third series from an america site..not amazon or the usuals.

It is on FX on sky digital and I think it is about half through the first series but i presume they will repeat it as they do.

each series is better than the one before it and I can't actual think of any other series that can say that..

ziedth wrote: »
    I have said it a few times but the "RUN" scene in the second last episode of season 3 is by far my fav moment of any TV show.

Easily the best TV show currently airing IMHO.

I remember when I first put it on I could only see Hal from Malcom in the middle, now If MITM is on I can only see Walter. BC is such a top actor.

haa haa haa it is unreal.....lost my mind when i saw it .. i was watching it and my housemate who has never seen any of them saw this episode...usually someone who has not seen anything would be questions questions but after about three question he was sucked in...epic performance from the PI in that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeh I cant understand why TG4 OR RTE 2 has not snapped this up yet, made by the same folk who make Mad Men.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Bowlardo wrote: »

It is on FX on sky digital and I think it is about half through the first series but i presume they will repeat it as they do.

This is the 3rd or 4th time FX have shown season one, problem is they lost the rights to show season two onwards
    Channel Five picked it up in the US but Channel five UK didn’t show it as far as I know (possibly a good thing, rubbish channel that would likely have had it on at late /infrequent times and you can’t sky+!)
    Highly frustrating that no one else over here picked it up, was convinced after Cranston (Again) and Paul won Emmys that someone would take notice, telling my mates for years how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Saw the first two episodes while on hols in US last year. Fantastic show if those two episodes are anything to go by. And off to amazon I go! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

Really can't wait for season 4. One of the best shows I've seen in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭blodvyn

It's up there with the best of them, I told my housemates about it after watching 3-4 episodes at xmas time, suffice to say we're all eagerly anticipating season 4 :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Best t.v show of all time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

D-FENS wrote: »
    Channel Five picked it up in the US but Channel five UK didn’t show it as far as I know (possibly a good thing, rubbish channel that would likely have had it on at late /infrequent times and you can’t sky+!)

Channel 5 USA is a UK channel owned by Channel 5 in the UK. It is FTV on satellite though so a card is needed to view. Not a bad channel either imo.

http://www.channel5.com/channels/5usa

AMC shows the show in the United States.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

This show is brilliant.

It's part of my top 3:

1) Deadwood

2) Breaking Bad

3) 24

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I just download it. It's illegal so, as per the charter, I'm not recommending it, it's just what I do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Picked up season 2 in hmv for i think 14euro!!:D

last monday by the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭TheBunk1

Unreal show! my housemate recommended it a few months back. I'm about 3/4 way through the second season and it just gets better and better.
    The second episode of season 2, where they are out in the house in the desert with Tuco and his father is one of the best TV episodes ever. Real tension with the old man and his bell
    And the turtle bomb! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Unreal show! my housemate recommended it a few months back. I'm about 3/4 way through the second season and it just gets better and better.
    The second episode of season 2, where they are out in the house in the desert with Tuco and his father is one of the best TV episodes ever. Real tension with the old man and his bell
    And the turtle bomb! :D

Just wait for the end of Season 2, compulsive viewing - and the scene where he (in the second last episode)... well, I can't spoil it, one of the most horrifying character defining scenes I've ever seen - and they still have the pay-off of that scene to play with...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Philco71

Started watching last week. At the end of season one. Fabulous tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I watched Seasons 1-3 in just over a week. Fantastic show. Bryan Cranston has won the Emmy for outstanding actor 3 years straight for this show, it's not hard to see why. Absolutely brilliant, BITCH (as Jesse would say:)).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

My favorite show, the third season finale was one of the best finales
    Ive seen, too bad that was all the way back in june and season 4 doesn't start till july, can't wait but over a year is too long, hope its
    Worth the wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I've have season 1 & 2 on DVD and thoroughly enjoyed them...Spectacular show..have to get season 3 on DVD asap :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Anyone know when Season 3 is out on dvd??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Temaz wrote: »
    Anyone know when Season 3 is out on dvd??
    It won't be released on Region 2 until it has aired in it's entirety on TV in the UK & Ireland..

.. and no plans as far as I can see to show it anywhere.

Who has the rights to it over here? FX had it, then they lost the rights to Five USA.

It'll be available on Region 1 (US) DVD in June - Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Basq wrote: »
    It won't be released on Region 2 until it has aired in it's entirety on TV in the UK & Ireland..

.. and no plans as far as I can see to show it anywhere.

Who has the rights to it over here? FX had it, then they lost the rights to Five USA.

It'll be available on Region 1 (US) DVD in June - Amazon.

Thanks for the quick reply!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭johndoe99

I'm waiting and hoping that the series will be given a Region B blu-ray release, so far its only been given a region A release.

Temaz wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick reply!

http://www.box-set-dvd.com/breaking-bad-season-3-dvd-boxset_p6732.html

I got it for my brother for christmas

I'd prefer to support the show rather than buy bootlegs tbh!

EDIT:
    And isn't that a screenshot from season 2?

• Advertisement

Basq wrote: »
    I'd prefer to support the show rather than buy bootlegs tbh!

EDIT:
    And isn't that a screenshot from season 2?

**** is that not a genuine copy...didn't know !the packaging was fairly up to standard..you sure about it being a bootleg?

**** is that not a genuine copy...didn't know !the packaging was fairly up to standard..you sure about it being a bootleg?
    As I said above, it's not officially released by the studio till June.

Anything before then is a bootleg, and site looks dodgy as hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭DUB777

Internet, you could buy the dvds but its free on line. Its wicked, highly recommend it:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TonyGro

Season 4 is out in america in and around july 14th

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭AwayWithFaries

TonyGro wrote: »
    Cannot f*cking wait. What a show!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I don't know if I should watch the next series from the start or wait until it's over and have a BB Marathon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Yeh I cant understand why TG4 OR RTE 2 has not snapped this up yet, made by the same folk who make Mad Men.

The main character is a crystal meth dealer. Can you imagine the fallout on Joe Duffy from the aul wans of the nation if RTE aired this? :rolleyes: And, like Mad Men, they'd stick it on at 1am on a weekday with zero advertisment of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I don't know if I should watch the next series from the start or wait until it's over and have a BB Marathon.
    If I thought for a second I could resist the temptation I'd save them. For me at least there's no chance of that. :P
    TonyGro wrote: »
    July 17th. Hint: It's a Sunday. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Bit of a bump but sure next season is out next month so we're due a bump

I'm on a marathon at the minute, just finished Season Two.

Found the bit in Episode 12 pretty damn cold
    Walter calls around to see Jesse in bed with the landlord girl and she chokes on her vomit and he just stands there. No recovery position, no clearing her throat, he just let her die

I know she blackmailed him but cold man, cold!

added a spoiler as others on a BB marathon too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

mikemac wrote: »

Hank calls around to see Jesse in bed with the landlord girl and she chokes on her vomit and he just stands there. No recovery position, no clearing her throat, he just let her die

it was
    walter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Ah that's who I meant, just useless with names :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

mikemac wrote: »
    Bit of a bump but sure next season is out next month so we're due a bump

I'm on a marathon at the minute, just finished Season Two.

Walter calls around to see Jesse in bed with the landlord girl and she chokes on her vomit and he just stands there. No recovery position, no clearing her throat, he just let her die

Well
    She was a threat to his secret identity and all that so, seems like insurance. But then again, it ends up doing more damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

i love the show! (as my username suggests) Was looking for a show this good ever since Sopranos ended. Its so original, different to any other shows i've seen, very well written and great characters. Cannot wait for new season next week!! Mad Men was filling the gap for a while but I was blown away by Breaking Bad when I watched all 3 seasons in the space of a few weeks last year.

i love the show! (as my username suggests) Was looking for a show this good ever since Sopranos ended. Its so original, different to any other shows i've seen, very well written and great characters. Cannot wait for new season next week!! Mad Men was filling the gap for a while but I was blown away by Breaking Bad when I watched all 3 seasons in the space of a few weeks last year.

Have you watched The Wire? Best of the lot imo...

Still can't wait for season 4 of Breaking Bad though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭HeisenbergBB

TheBunk1 wrote: »
    Have you watched The Wire? Best of the lot imo...

Still can't wait for season 4 of Breaking Bad though

No I havent, but the same friend who got me onto Breaking Bad is always telling me to check it out. I'll get on that right away! Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

This is one hell of a show, probably best ever. half way thru season 2. unreal.
    Any significance to the name Heisenburg btw?

ericsinjun wrote: »
    This is one hell of a show, probably best ever. half way thru season 2. unreal.
    Any significance to the name Heisenburg btw?

It gets better and better....

Heisenberg is a reference to the German physicist Werner Heisenberg who made major contributions to quantum mechanics. He died of cancer interestingly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werner_Heisenberg

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ericsinjun

thanks Bunk. Should have looked it up myself, but due to being glued to BB any chance I get, had no time!!!!!

Advertisement