Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Screen of Death

Options
  • 21-04-2014 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hi folks

wondering can anyone help.

I started getting blue screen of death messages onnky computer a while back. got to the point I had to do a full system restore. even though ive done that now the computer works for about week but then gets the BSOD problems again. at the moment its stuck on a restart screen saying launch startup repair (which doesnt work just brings me back to the original start up screen) or start windows normally which flashes the blue screen and brngs me back to the original start up.

Anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

The below page lists everything you need to know about blue screens of death. I presume it restarts before you can see anything, follow tip #3 at the bottom of the page like it says to prevent it from restarting, this also has links to show you how to disable automatic restarting if you cannot even log in. Then just check out the code using the same link, should give you an idea what's going on.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/stoperrors.htm

That's all the advice I can think of anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭truedoom

turn off the PC.

turn on the PC.

start hitting F8 as soon as you see the Make logo flash on screen.

this will give you the option to start in safemode.

Start in safemode, and see if the PC boots.

If it does, most likely it's a driver issue.

Check you manufacturers site, and start with the basic drivers;

Chipset
    Graphics
    Audio
    Network

Can you give us any details on the BSOD? there should be a stop code (e.g. 0x00000007B) or similar.
    Also an error code (e.g. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE or something).

if you have a smart phone, take a photo and show us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

thanks guys.

computer wouldn't even load after start up repair or by starting windows Normally

I tried starting in safe mode but it just had a windows is starting screen for about 15 minutes then restarted and brought me back to the start.

ive bought s new hard drive hoping that might help the issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

thehamo wrote: »
    thanks guys.

computer wouldn't even load after start up repair or by starting windows Normally

I tried starting in safe mode but it just had a windows is starting screen for about 15 minutes then restarted and brought me back to the start.

ive bought s new hard drive hoping that might help the issue?
    It sounds like the hard drive failed and with the new hard drive you should be okay after a clean install.

Advertisement