Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gingerbread and Adhoc

Options
  • 12-01-2013 12:37pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 381 ✭✭

anyone know how to set up an adhoc network using gingerbread 2.3.3. Using an old phone trying to connect to touch OSC for an interface and its not working. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

As far as I know ad-hoc is not possible with Android, although perhaps someone else might be able to shed more light on this. I've already tried it with my current phone (which runs Gingerbread) and I've had no luck. When searching for solutions some sources were telling me that ad-hoc in Android is not possible at the moment.

However the solution I use is to connect through my 3 WiFi modem. I am able to establish socket communication between a client running on my phone and a server running on my computer. I haven't tried a phone-to-phone connection yet but it seems possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Android did indeed have problems with ad-hoc in the past, this caused many people grief when it came to setting up their own wifi hotspots.

It did get fixed in some later version of gingerbread, 2.3.5 maybe. Try upgrading your firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Adhoc is available on Android, later versions though.

Advertisement