Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Courts pt.2

Options
  • 26-08-2010 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Myself and a friend want to play a 1 on 1 game of basketball and we are looking for a half court either indoor or outdoor. I havn't played/ran in years so not looking for anything official, just a place we can hire for an hour.

Outdoor court would be the job but seeing a similar thread from last year, didn't look like anyone had much luck.

If it comes to it, I will ring UL as I know they hire out the their courts.
    Anyone know how much UL charges for an hour and if you have to hire the full court or can you just book half court?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭manna452121

not sure how much U.L charge for rental, but most of the time you can just pay for the gym, or the running track and there will be a half court free.

Unfortunatly it's not a sure thing everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭overthebridge

grove island leisure centre has a pretty good indoor basketball court.

we play indoor footie there regularly and it's a pretty good facility

http://www.groveislandleisure.ie/contact.html

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks lads! The UL one sounds handy if it still applies. If we can just pay our gym fee each and can use the half court cuz I expect they will charge for about 8-10 people to use the court so might be a bit pricey for 2 of us.

Will check out grove island as well, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

UL is 30 euro for full court for 1 hour. They don't rent out half courts. Bit steep for just 2 of us til I called LIT and was told 50 euro for 1 hour and only if I promised them long term business. Fuk u LIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,779 ✭✭✭✭phog

Try Bawnmore, they have a sports complex that they used to hire out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Jigga

sheehy83 wrote: »
    UL is 30 euro for full court for 1 hour. They don't rent out half courts. Bit steep for just 2 of us til I called LIT and was told 50 euro for 1 hour and only if I promised them long term business. Fuk u LIT.
    Just take a stroll into the LIT gym and use the court, it is usually empty. If anyone says anything tell them ye are students. The worst they can do is ask you to leave, charging €50 per hour is disgraceful.

Advertisement