Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets get Insect Overlord added to Limerick Top 50 Sexiest Men

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I sent an email saying that I wanted to nominate Tommy Collins, I recieved a reply this morning asking which Tommy Collins I'm referring to. Seeing as I don't know him personally, I can't say "Oh ya know him from over yonder in...." And I don't want to say I'm from boards in case our scheme is rumbled. What do I do?!?!?!?!

Reply with a link to the Facebook page? That might help. I can't think of anything else though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Ya thats what i did too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Well, you may be able to get your evil swans to do thy bidding..but i might stick in a vote.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Anyone know when the voting starts? We should organise a flash mob when they have the thing on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Reply with a link to the Facebook page? That might help. I can't think of anything else though...

I'd just plainly admit that we're voting for our all powerful mod. we find power sexy, and whats sexier than a man wielding a banhammer?
    women, thats what.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

aIMGP5052.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

zuroph wrote: »
    women, thats what.

Shnakey! I LOL'd :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

You people are awesome :D

Todays limerick chronicle have listed its bottom 20 on this years Limericks Top 50 Sexiest Men. No sign of our Tommy.....yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

i dont think they will buy it.....we have been silenced by the media!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I never got any reply from them with my nomination.oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I never got any reply from them with my nomination.oh well.

I got 'Thanks for your nomination, But which Tommy Collins are you referring to?'

I replied THE Tommy Collins, how can you not know him? and put up a link to the facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Made my nomination, they just dont have taste.

Hey, Our Ken O Connell made the list though !!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Why was this thread closed and opened again?

Proves its all a clever gimmick unfortunately.
    Was worth the try though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

Google Limericks sexiest man

Never underestimate the power of the internet!!
    and good keyword placement!!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

CCSL wrote: »
    Google Limericks sexiest man

Never underestimate the power of the internet!!
    and good keyword placement!!

:D

Classic :)
    I really despair at The Limerick chronicle journalists. I've never seen an unsexier bunch of men in all my life,though that Munster rugby player who make it in is a bit of alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Seeing those pictures in the Chronicle - its more like Limericks ugliest man. Shocking stuff.

Ah be nice ;)
    But think everyone knows by now, its not looks that matter for this list :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm feeling a little un-educated with regards to our local
    talented uber cool men.

Looking at the photos without reading names and descriptions I only recoginsed 1 face that I know.
    and that was that DJ Dude JJ. I did not recognise him
    at first but I think he was dating an old buddy of mine
    back in the early days of Quinns vintage club where he was unemployeed hung around the pub most days and had dreams of being a band manager.
    Top Bloke was pure chilled out, down to earth and sound out.

The others had not got a clue who there were, apart from Andy lee, and the Judge fella.
    There was some guy called Mousy? Face is unfamiliar but I do remember a really small
    scrawny blonde haired kid from the Crescent Secondary school around the early/mid 90's that
    stabbed me with a long pointed compass in the buttocks where I chased after him to ring the
    feckers neck. Looking at his face it could be the very fecker all these years later.

Not sure what qualifys for this contest of being sexy with regards to what stands out from the crowd
    compared to any other Joe-soap that walks the streets and has a profession.
    Was not following the papers much but I'm
    presumming that picture of some rugby dude coming out of the water at some beach
    doing a david hasselhoff is still doing the rounds.

[Edit I lie! another dude I know to see or say hello to is that Declan Rugby fella who deliver's/sells paper and stationary to
    the office I work in. Friendly chap but dont have a clue why he is supposed to be famous in Limerick]
    ~B

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Ah be nice ;)
    But think everyone knows by now, its not looks that matter for this list :rolleyes:

Well said Lass.Insect overlord seems a very guy even tho i got a yellow card(Sorry Insect)im a bit outspoken

I expect to be in the top 25 :) :pac:

Lads a fella who is a MOD on boards.ie will not get into that list. Its just too nerdy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

As very aptly pointed out on munsterfans forum
    What's really weird that Limerick's sexiest men are all in either high-profile jobs or are famous... Not one taxi driver or software analyst or gardener in the bunch!

Also, two very odd ones:
    23. David Tighe, Chief Executive 95FM. Born in London, David has worked in radio for 18 years and is 95FM's Chief Executive since 2002, during which time the radio station has won several national and international awards. David is married to Debbie and has three children.

24. Willie O'Dea, Minister of Defence. The mustachioed Minister is married to Geraldine. A qualified Barrister and Account, this popular politician has mass appeal, and received the second highest first preference votes in the country in the 2007 general election, plenty no doubt from his female fan club.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/city-life/Limerick39s-Sexiest-Men-24-to.5479134.jp

David Tighe is gone from 95FM for months! Last October, if I remember correctly! Very strange that one of the local media outlets doesn't even know that!

And as for Willie O'Dea being "sexy", well all I can say is that the Chronicle should "check yer shources, bies, check yer shources"

NickDrake wrote: »
    Lads a fella who is a MOD on boards.ie will not get into that list. Its just too nerdy

Sure they dont know its a boards stunt, not to mind that he is a mod here

Sure they dont know its a boards stunt, not to mind that he is a mod here

Don't they? Not what I heard. You might need to check your sources there girl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

do you know something we dont....spill...or ill get the boys round :p

I will check my sources so :)
    So what did you hear then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

The top 10

1. David Wallace, rugby player
    2. Andy Lee, boxer
    3. Liam Dwan, General Manager of Brown Thomas Limerick
    4. Emmett O'Brien, barrister
    5. Shane O'Neill, solicitor
    6. Alan Quinlan, Munster rugby player
    7. Tom O'Donnell, judge