Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend anti-virus product for small business?

Options
  • 22-04-2014 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

I am looking for a complete anti-virus package for a business with the following:
    1 x Windows Server 2003
    10 x Desktop PC

I would prefer to have a subscribed paid for package rather than using free software.

AVG is coming out at the following:
    10 x PC licence: €450 (2 yr)
    1 x Windows Server: €60 (2 yr)

Is AVG still considered to be a quality anti-virus solution? Or are there other more highly regarded packages out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I'd check out Eset NOD32, good product.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I am considering a 10-user licence of avast endpoint protection suite plus.

There is a management console available which will integrate with the client end so easy to manage.

Personally i've never had any issue with avast and don't find it too much of an overhead on the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

I've always used SEP (Symantec Endpoint Protection) on server and desktops.Price wise,not near your listed prices,the SEP comes at one year licence at your above listed price.

Whatever you chose,make sure you integrate antivirus AND antispyware / malware protection as well.
    I'm combining these days SEP with MalwareBytes Enterprise Edition for a total security suite,fully managed and with full reports available.
    What happens if a client gets infected AND antivirus gets disabled /going offline ? A "smart" build malware scans for antivirus on the local target / victim and it disabled it first then it propagates in to the local system or across network(s) !
    You,as a sysadmin you'll never know.Thats why you'll need a proper managed and reporting console for the solution.

Re solutions name...i guess that Symantec,McAfee,Avast and others out there are sharing the common data resulted from across the internet' scanner devices.The end result is the scanning engine and/or GUI !

Happy scanning...

Advertisement