Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

C-Max

Options
  • 23-04-2014 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,
    I just joined this site to see if I can get a bit of advice/ guidance.
    I am trying to sell my Ford C-Max 2005. As In, I have advertised on the usual sites. But I am not getting any response at all.
    Mileage is high at 100K miles, but other than that the car is perfect.
    I have advertised it for 1k less than others on these sites to try to get quick sale. Reason for sale is we no longer need a MPV and would prefer slightly smaller.
    Are they just not sought after? Better to trade in?
    Any tips??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you post a link to the advert then people might be able to offer advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 cshee1

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2005-ford-c-max-zetec-5dr/5540608

This is the add, wasn't sure if I could do that. Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mileage will always put some people off, hiding the reg will also. Zetec model came with alloy wheels which seem to have been replaced by steel wheels and plastic wheels trim. Price is the main killer though.

Just so that you know here is one for €1k less, this is what you are really up against:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/05-ford-cmax/6829228

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Shouldn't it have alloys?

They are the wheels I bought it with, I never even knew about alloys.
    Thanks for the link
    That price is depressing! :(

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I would at least try to get some Ford wheel trims, those Aldi or Lidl hubcaps are mank and would immediately put me off the car. They belong on a 1995 Almera driven through fields by a farmer.
    The problem is, they where the first thing that caught my eye and they detract from the rest of the car.
    At least if they where OEM Ford trims, they would look neutral, it really would make a difference IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I would at least try to get some Ford wheel trims, those Aldi or Lidl hubcaps are mank and would immediately put me off the car. They belong on a 1995 Almera driven through fields by a farmer.
    The problem is, they where the first thing that caught my eye and they detract from the rest of the car.
    At least if they where OEM Ford trims, they would look neutral, it really would make a difference IMO.

first thing i thought also. they are so tacky looking, they scream of a car that was never loved and then spruced up cheaply for sale. a set of second hand ford hub caps would transform how the car looks for not too much money.

that said, the rest of the car is presented well, visually.

consider writing in the advert if the car has a service history or if it's had any major jobs done somewhat recently. new tyres, brakes, timing belt, clutch etc... how many owners it has had would also be good to include.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

OP, in case your unsure about which wheel trims were standard on a C-Max, something like these or very similar would fit the bill.
    $_12.JPG
    That particular one shouldn't be for sale! (They want €15 for it as well!!)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Reason for sale wouldn't encourage a buyer!

I got them from a garage :( but you are right, they don't look great!

• Advertisement

Reason for sale wouldn't encourage a buyer!

The truth is, my hubby died last year...we only bought it because it made getting in and out of the car easy for him- ( neck cancer- he could barely move) I cant afford it now. Its just me and one son now..so dont need that size of a car.
    What should i say reason for sale is?
    Also I got a new battery last week...should I mention that in the add?

OP, in case your unsure about which wheel trims were standard on a C-Max, something like these or very similar would fit the bill.
    )

PIty I lost one just like that, then when i went back to get it..it had been destroyed by traffic..so went to a garage and paid 60 for the ones i put on.. I didnt like mis-matched hubbs. I still have the 3 original ford hubcapps..so would just need one - thanks for the tip!
    You can tell, I am no expert on all this..but am learning! Thanks so much for input, I genuinely appreciate it.

cshee1 wrote: »
    The truth is, my hubby died last year...we only bought it because it made getting in and out of the car easy for him- ( neck cancer- he could barely move) I cant afford it now. Its just me and one son now..so dont need that size of a car.

Sorry to hear that OP, can't be easy for you. All you need to do is re-phrase and say something like selling due to downsizing or genuine reason for selling. You can mention the battery, but it won't be a deal-breaker!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Where are you based OP?

I'm in Nenagh in Tipp if you're nearby I'll gladly help you clean the car up, sort hubcaps, take better pictures and maybe give you a better chance at selling it.

It's random act of kindness day so if you're not near me maybe somebody else will help out with all this.

PIty I lost one just like that, then when i went back to get it..it had been destroyed by traffic..so went to a garage and paid 60 for the ones i put on.. I didnt like mis-matched hubbs.
    You can tell, I am no expert on all this..but am learning! Thanks so much for input, I genuinely appreciate it.

If you have the other 3, then it's possible to get a matching one on it's own. A local car breakers or ebay would have one. That's if your bothered about changing them.

I used to get the car serviced by the garage I bought it from, but then my neighbour put me in touch with a great mechanic that doesn't rip me off. He is genuine, older man...just charging fair prices for jobs he does as nixers.. so I don't have a service record. :( I'm sure he could do one up for me though. He is so genuine, he checks things (for free) that I didn't even ask to be looked at and charges so much less than the company I bought it from.
    Think I'll end up trading this car in and getting a honda jazz if I can... I don't need speed, just a reliable 1.3 or less.
    Thanks again everyone

If you have the other 3, then it's possible to get a matching one on it's own. A local car breakers or ebay would have one. That's if your bothered about changing them.

I will, if i thought I could get a buyer!!! :)

really appreciate that ba_barabus, but I am in Dublin... all the advice has been an act of kindness in itself! !!! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

really appreciate that ba_barabus, but I am in Dublin... all the advice has been an act of kindness in itself! !!! Thank you!

I'd offer to help but I know it would be a week before I'd have the time to do it in Dublin as I'm moving out of my apartment at the minute. I live up there but currently at home on holidays (bloody teachers)

Thank you! You have helped enough!!!
    I am adament to get a smaller car by next week...so hopefully I can update this thread with good news then!!
    Thanks again!

Bet you are loving Quinn at the moment :) Honours Maths????? :)

• Advertisement

You're a teacher ba? Never knew! What do you teach?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'm very sorry to read that.

I'd be inclined to say "change in circumstances necessitates sale".

Would anyone have time to share their opinion on this?

Make Citroen
    Model C4
    Year 2007
    Price €4,950
    Mileage: 51,267 miles/
    82,504 km
    Fuel type: Petrol
    Engine size: 1.4
    Colour: Black
    Body: Hatchback
    Owners: 2
    Transmission: Manual
    NCT Due Date: June 2015
    Last update: 13/04/2014

I dont seem to be allowed to post the URL but its from Brookfield cars Sandyford

I am considering it. I will pay my mechanic friend to come and have a look at it before I buy. I would have to pay 2850 and trade in my C-max

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I'd the same problem trying to sell my C-max a month ago, ended up holding onto it.. didn't get a single call about it and had it up for €2600.. Ghia spec, full leather interior.. tax n nct. Mines a 2ltr diesel which I guess is putting people off. Will stick it up again at the end of the month.

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice. I sold my C-max privately and bought myself a smaller car ( jazz )
    Thanks again, I am pretty sure your help made it all happen alot quicker than it may have!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

^^^
    Wahey, wohoo, go OP! :D
    All the best with the new car.

Advertisement