Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell Order Monstrosity

Options
  • 19-04-2014 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I made an order for an XPS 13 with Dell at the end of February. I received the ultrabook a few weeks later. To my surprise they had sent me a version with UBUNTU installed as the OS instead of Windows 8.1.

I tried calling customer service for about 2 weeks before they finally acknowkledged they'd sent me the wrong computer. They then issued a replacement for delivery.

This order was then canceled about 10 days later, claiming it was a systems error. They apologized and then created another order to be sent out. This is the end of March.

First week in April, I see it has still not been sent, they claim a parts shortage and they will send it asap.

I received the thing yesterday, the 18th of April. They sent me one configured in the German Language, with a German Keyboard layout. This one has to be returned aswell.

Here I am 8 weeks later, still without the product I ordered, and probably waiting another 3 weeks at least for delivery of this latest replacement... assuming they deliver the correct one this time. It will have been 11 weeks since the order was made... What have they offered as good will??? NOT A F"""ING thing!

It's the most disgraceful service I've ever received... To be continued.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭-l-Z3k3-l-

Get a refund and just buy from someone else. they've had their chance

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Attempt to get the price of postage back from them also for both the times you had to send the product back because of their errors.

Advertisement