Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How Much Detail For IE Registration

Options
  • 22-04-2014 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭

I've registered a business name similar to the the IE domain I want to register.

How much detail do I need to put in my letter supporting my ***.ie application?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 interestedman

Hi,

Headed letter paper with company number should be enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

What kind of detail should I go into in the letter?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I just used [a copy of] the cert from the CRO - I don't remember exactly but I don't believe I went into any additional details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If the business / company name registered with the CRO is very close to the domain name all you'd need is the CRO number.

eg. you have the business name "Cool Widget Services" and you want to register widgets.ie

If, however, you wanted to register something that's not obviously linked to the business name then you'd need to provide a written rationale

So using the above example, say you wanted to do an Easter special offer and wanted to register easterdiscounts.ie then you'd need to provide the letter

I posted this a few years ago (before we got round to hiring someone who knew how to edit videos properly!) http://youtu.be/qyjQNyr8P6w

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭eirman

Thanks Blacknight,

Much appreciated

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement