Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Land registry question

• 24-06-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭

We were recently lucky enough to clear our mortgage and we also bought out our ground rent. The bank still have the deeds to the house but we did receive the ground rent documents. Should we re-register both with Land registry. Is this something that the individual can do or should we hand it over to our solicitor. I lloked at the Land Registry site but they make it seem very complicated.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jammiej

jos28 wrote: »
    We were recently lucky enough to clear our mortgage and we also bought out our ground rent. The bank still have the deeds to the house but we did receive the ground rent documents. Should we re-register both with Land registry. Is this something that the individual can do or should we hand it over to our solicitor. I lloked at the Land Registry site but they make it seem very complicated.
    Cheers
    I think you have to register after buying out ground rent since the compulsory registration became universal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭Bluegrass1

jammiej wrote: »
    I think you have to register after buying out ground rent since the compulsory registration became universal.

My parents got caught by that. Bought out their ground rent and the vesting cert came through about three weeks after compulsory registration came into their county. The registration in the land registry cost more than the buying out of the ground rent and took over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Hope it doesn't cost that much Bluegrass. I was led to believe the cost was €40

from what i remember, the map alone cost €38. Two affidavits had to be sworn and witnessed. €20. I thought the Land reg charge was about €200 for a first registration. I think it went up since.

YIKES !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

First Registration is €130 if done by Certification of a Solicitor. + maps etc.

If not certified its €500 but that would be rare enough.
    YIKES !

Subsequent registrations are charged by value of property and average around €700 to €800.

First Registration is €130 if done by Certification of a Solicitor. + maps etc.

If not certified its €500 but that would be rare enough.

Subsequent registrations are charged by value of property and average around €700 to €800.
    Thanks for the information. I think I will give my solicitor a shout and seem how much he would charge. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

Thanks for the information. I think I will give my solicitor a shout and seem how much he would charge. Cheers

Those are the fees charged by, and paid to, the land registry and are set down by law. the Solicitor pays them on your behalf and then paid back by yourself. they will be the same regardless of whatever solicitor you use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Those are the fees charged by, and paid to, the land registry and are set down by law. the Solicitor pays them on your behalf and then paid back by yourself. they will be the same regardless of whatever solicitor you use.

It's good that reform of land laws led to such efficiencies and cost reductions to the citizens......
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

What is the story in County Dublin ? My uncle's house is leasehold and he will be using the arbitration option to buy out the ground rent. When he gets the Vesting Cert what must he do. The property is not registered at the Land Registry. Any transactions on the property are recorded in the Registry of Deeds.

• Advertisement

NUTLEY BOY wrote: »
    What is the story in County Dublin ? My uncle's house is leasehold and he will be using the arbitration option to buy out the ground rent. When he gets the Vesting Cert what must he do. The property is not registered at the Land Registry. Any transactions on the property are recorded in the Registry of Deeds.

He will have to apply for first registration in the Land Registry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Bluegrass1 wrote: »
    He will have to apply for first registration in the Land Registry.

Land Registry fees have recently increased!
    Registration of a vesting cert costs €40, but you may have to add the cost of getting a compliant map and having it marked by an engineer.
    http://www.prai.ie/eng/Legal_Professional_Customers/Fees/Land_Registry/_What_are_the_Fees_for_A_list_of_the_common_types.html

You can lodge it yourself, but that involves filling out extra forms.

I've had a few direct dealings with staff in the land registry of late and I was pleasantly surprised at how efficiently my applications were handled.

Advertisement