Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

harvy norman fones

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Just checked the quickstart guide and "The card 1 slot is for 3G WCDMA card (compatible with 2G card), the card 2 slot is for GSM card."

Not much good when you are in countries where there are 3g networks available

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I think the idea is you have a 2G card for calls and texts then a 2nd sim for 3G data. or two 2G cards.

But as you say, If you had two three sim's (three being 3G only) it wouldn't work for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

"Prestigio MultiPhone 4055 DUO is an excellent Android smartphone for all, who want most flexibility and cost control for their mobile communications: simply insert the SIM cards of the operator with the most suitable offers. Or when you are travelling abroad, use a local SIM card and the one from home the same time! The large 4” LCD display grants an extraordinary visual experience."

cut and paste from the engrish manual? jesus...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Girlfriends lost a One X so I just picked up a 4322 for her there. It was 180 but apart from feeling a little cheap and the screen not being amazing it's a snappy little device. For the money it's alright.

Any info is in polish, only review was average but it will do the job fine as long as the battery isn't a stinker.

Two pin charger with it and I uninstalled some polish app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

When looking at the reviews most of them seemed to be Russian/Eastern European. So I dunno if its the same there as in developing poorer countries. But in the latter I've heard people share phones, so swap sim's a lot, or use different networks to get the best price for different calls. Data usually isn't an issue as its too expensive most of the time anyway.

• Advertisement

Been playing around with it the last hour and a half, apart from what I said earlier about the construction being a little cheap (but nothing worse than you would expect for the price either) and the screen being of a lower quality than my note 2 or one X (wouldn't expect a match) I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Close on vanilla android and all the better for it. Camera isn't great but I'll take a few shots and stick them on the PC in the coming days to see for sure.

Look at it as a competitor for the lower Samsung models and it's as good imo. The one for 200 is close on size to my note 2 as the bezel is large around the 5 inch screen, the 4 inch is too small and the 4.5 inch is actually a striking looking phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Been playing around with it the last hour and a half, apart from what I said earlier about the construction being a little cheap (but nothing worse than you would expect for the price either) and the screen being of a lower quality than my note 2 or one X (wouldn't expect a match) I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Close on vanilla android and all the better for it. Camera isn't great but I'll take a few shots and stick them on the PC in the coming days to see for sure.

Look at it as a competitor for the lower Samsung models and it's as good imo. The one for 200 is close on size to my note 2 as the bezel is large around the 5 inch screen, the 4 inch is too small and the 4.5 inch is actually a striking looking phone.

Anyone like the 5 inch one??

It's very, very close on the size of the Note 2.

The 270 one looks like an older generation Sony. It's available in white too.

The gf has put her personal and work SIM in and it works really well. I'm tempted to pick up one as a second phone. The more I look at it the more I think it looks like a nexus 4.

Advertisement