Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S3 Metal Casing Crack

Options
  • 13-05-2013 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Anyone experience this on their galaxy s3?
    I have a hair line crack beside the charger, was never dropped and have it in a case also. a quick google states it appears to be an issue with a lot of owners reporting it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Yep, same here. It's a tiny crack in the bezel only, no idea how it happened...Mine is also in a case and apart from that is in perfect condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I am not alone then, mine is also in excellent condition, I was onto Samsung and they advised its not a manufacturing fault, I emailed them back the links I found which begged to differ, waiting for their response.

That doesn't surprise me...Keep me updated anyway just in case they say anything useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I have no cade and the metal bezel on mine is completely destroyed the whole way round. It's purely aesthetic. I wonder did they design it that way to hit the second hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

same with me. 2 cracks at exactly the same spot on opposite sides.exactly opposite. and in a case since day one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭emo72

same with me. 2 cracks at exactly the same spot on opposite sides.exactly opposite. and in a case since day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

errlloyd wrote: »
    I have no cade and the metal bezel on mine is completely destroyed the whole way round. It's purely aesthetic. I wonder did they design it that way to hit the second hand market.

Surely you wouldnt do something like that, it runs the risk of putting people off the S4

Surely you wouldnt do something like that, it runs the risk of putting people off the S4

I'm not so sure. My old S1 (now my other halfs phone) is in perfect condition. I never had a case, it got dropped a few times there isn't a scratch on the bezel or anywhere else.

My S3 just hasn't stood up as well. I didn't have a case for it originally and the flimsy plastic case on the back is quite scratched as well as the crack in the bezel. I had the S1 for nearly 2 years, I've only had the S3 since October.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

IMO its probably just them trying to make it more aesthetically pleasing, at the cost of durability.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I realise mine is probably worse than others, but this is the state that mine is in. PS: I think it says a lot about the phone, It's obviously had a fairly torrid time, but the screen the buttons and everything are all absolutely perfect. I love it to bits. I've just always treated insurance as my case...

DSC064031.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

2 hairline cracks either side of the charger on mine too

Samsung have replied
    "In response to your email, what I can do is have your device assessed by our engineers to attain the exact cause of the fault.
    "

I need to send it into them, just need to get a backup phone first while its away

I took my cover off and there seems to be hair line cracks in the silver casing in each corner, can anyone confirm if they are just manufacturing where the bits join together or indeed more cracks?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

brightkane wrote: »
    I took my cover off and there seems to be hair line cracks in the silver casing in each corner, can anyone confirm if they are just manufacturing where the bits join together or indeed more cracks?

Confirmed. Two week old S3, seams visable on all corners in the right light. They arent cracks :)

Advertisement