Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fairview Cresent :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

is there a point to this? or did you just feel link putting up a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Blah blah blah, council estate with a few bad families.

Hardly worth a thread in itself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Its a disgrace good people being forced out of their homes

Runs Cold wrote: »
    is there a point to this? or did you just feel link putting up a link.

Dont reply if your not interested

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

bigpink wrote: »
    Dont reply if your not interested

Runs Cold has a point. You just linked to an article and made no comment about it. In fairness, it's not easy to post a constructive reply when you've given us nothing to reply to. Could you at least give us a few lines out-lining your opinions about the article? You might get some better replies that way.

• Advertisement

Well its boils my blood and Limerick people should be aware of what is happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

bigpink wrote: »
    Well its boils my blood and Limerick people should be aware of what is happening

This?

The spokesperson said the tenancy unit at the council was doing everything it could to get some residents at Fairview Crescent to moderate their behaviour and there were a number of legal cases pending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Runs Cold

Runs Cold has a point. You just linked to an article and made no comment about it. In fairness, it's not easy to post a constructive reply when you've given us nothing to reply to. Could you at least give us a few lines out-lining your opinions about the article? You might get some better replies that way.

Thanks Insect Overlord, That was My point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

This?

The spokesperson said the tenancy unit at the council was doing everything it could to get some residents at Fairview Crescent to moderate their behaviour and there were a number of legal cases pending.

I'd say they would want to cull their behaviour rather than moderate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

One of the families who left is taking legal action against the city council apparently, for failure to provide duty of care

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mr O’Hanlon said the law needs to be changed so that families who are evicted from council estates for anti-social behaviour cannot get funding from the HSE to acquire private rented accommodation.

This is a bit ridiculous, it's just a case of shoving the problem around. I beleve that all the trouble-makers should be placed in one council estate, away from the decent people in other council and private estates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ahh Fairview Crescent pops up again.

For those with long memories, just think of the young girl who drove a robbed van to Henry street garda station so she could get a chase. The same young girl who slashed a woman's face with a bottle near Clare street. The same young girl who has made the local papers for other vicious attacks, and the same young girl whose family have been running people out of that area for the last few years.

It would seem the one family, and that girl in particular, are in the papers on a very regular basis for one crome or another, yet it seems that ordinary people are the ones being left to suffer whilst the people committing the crimes in this case are left off scott free.

I hope that the family that is said to be taking legal action against the city council succeeds in their action, at least then the threat of further actions may spur the city council to actually act on anti social and dangerous behaviour instead of turning a blind eye.

This is a bit ridiculous, it's just a case of shoving the problem around. I beleve that all the trouble-makers should be placed in one council estate, away from the decent people in other council and private estates.

I would love to see them all living in one estate. See how they would cope when faced with someone more dangerous than them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Preferably a ghost estate in Longford but we're stuck with them for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Mc Love wrote: »
    I'd say they would want to cull their behaviour rather than moderate it

I think they would want to just cull them full stop.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    I think they would want to just cull them full stop.

Was waiting for someone to suggest that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Mc Love wrote: »
    I would love to see them all living in one estate. See how they would cope when faced with someone more dangerous than them
    Preferably a ghost estate in Longford but we're stuck with them for now.

I really think it's the only way, maybe, just maybe they might cop the f**k on if they know they are in last chance saloon.

At the moment they are almost getting rewarded for being anti-social and destroying property. "Here's a new place" is the reward.

It does sound like it would create a ghetto but at least they are away from decent folk and the cops can keep an eye on things.

After a while of being in "purgatory" they could be allowed move elsewhere on probation. Reward them for good behaviour, not bad.

Advertisement