Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

There be balloons in the sky!

• 26-08-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

Is anyone seeing the two giant hot-air balloons in the sky over the Croagh/Rathkeale/Ballingarry area? Quite an impressive site. Have a we a couple of budding Steve Fossetts living in our midst?! They're heading in the general direction of Knockaderry / Kilmeedy now.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Yeah I saw one of them. I'm in the Feenagh/Kilmeedy area and it was pretty far west of me. Beyond Feohanagh/Raheenagh direction. Nice to see and i wouldn't mind giving it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

DBIreland wrote: »
    Yeah I saw one of them. I'm in the Feenagh/Kilmeedy area and it was pretty far west of me. Beyond Feohanagh/Raheenagh direction. Nice to see and i wouldn't mind giving it a go.
    Only one of them? - wonder where the other one went to. Yeah it would be a great birthday present alright, a very therapeutic experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I heard today that it was something to do with the X-Factor. Either contestants or judges etc. Apparently they were in Adare Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Limerickhurler

I saw them myself. They came right over my house...if I'd my feecking shot gun I'd have sorted them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I heard today that it was something to do with the X-Factor. Either contestants or judges etc. Apparently they were in Adare Thursday.
    Yes i heard about that too. Just a pity they didn't throw Louis Walsh into one of the balloons and let it sail out over the Atlantic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭bumpydog

I saw them myself. They came right over my house...if I'd my feecking shot gun I'd have sorted them out.

What's your problem?

Be a little careful saying that on a public forum. The last one who made such a threat got 18 months!

The larger of the two balloons landed in Feohanagh.

grenache wrote: »
    Only one of them? - wonder where the other one went to. Yeah it would be a great birthday present alright, a very therapeutic experience.

The other balloon (blue with spiral colours) landed about 15-20 minutes before the green one.

This was the balloon that landed in Feohanagh, shortly after launch.

adare-dory800.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bumpydog wrote: »
    The larger of the two balloons landed in Feohanagh.

The natives were probably out firing arrows at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement