Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What are they building in the Peoples Park now??

• 26-08-2010 7:06pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭

I went for a stroll in there today and they have by the other main gate all dug upm and a building site,please tell me its something important?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

They are building a Café.

I have not seen the plans but would like to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Could be nice, I see there's a hatch selling icecreams by Arthur's Quay Park now too, good idea.

Would love to see the green area outside the people's park (in front of the houses by the Station) integrated into the park or at least done up so it's not such a stark contrast with the People's park, the road could be re-rerouted to the Station side of the green area.

Parnell street is just so grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Could be nice, I see there's a hatch selling icecreams by Arthur's Quay Park now too, good idea.

Would love to see the green area outside the people's park (in front of the houses by the Station) integrated into the park or at least done up so it's not such a stark contrast with the People's park, the road could be re-rerouted to the Station side of the green area.

Parnell street is just so grim.

little pedestrian area in between both parks ya sounds nice

kilburn wrote: »
    little pedestrian area in between both parks ya sounds nice

Just seems so obvious to try something like that, that green area is pretty large and pretty underused because it has busy roads around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Its an extension to the Art Gallery which will contain a cafe and an enterence directly onto the peoples park..and new storage areas for works of art etc..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

When the City Planners are done granting planning applications and development plans for the Peoples Park its going to look something like this......

roundabout-live-local.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭sioda

They are extending the gallery thats why its down in the Civic centre atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It will take 1 year to complete so don't expect it to be open any time soon.

The Cafe will be put out to tender as it draws closer to the time so who knows you could have your starbucks after all. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Raiser wrote: »
    When the City Planners are done granting planning applications and development plans for the Peoples Park its going to look something like this......

roundabout-live-local.jpg

:D

Nice roundabout though. All entry points to it are highlighted with a white barrier/enbankment, and it looks to be a very well lit roundabout going by the well placed lights.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

This does not sound good:(

• Advertisement

bigpink wrote: »
    This does not sound good:(

How does a cafe and an enlarged Art gallery "not sound good"? Sounds pretty decent to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Enlarged gallery yes,but they could have used some empty building around town also,are they going to use the old style stone work in it to blend it in?
    I dont know cafe doesnt seem right in the park,a nice cafe but not a sweet shop plus the fact its going to tender it will prob be a BB's or Cafe noir job

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭zing zong

bigpink wrote: »
    Enlarged gallery yes,but they could have used some empty building around town also,are they going to use the old style stone work in it to blend it in?
    I dont know cafe doesnt seem right in the park,a nice cafe but not a sweet shop plus the fact its going to tender it will prob be a BB's or Cafe noir job

agreed, though a café noir wouldn't be bad, a BBs or *shudder* star bucks would be awful.

chances are it'll be none of 'em, just an over priced underused café that will close down and be an awful sight in an otherwise great park.

as for the look of it, I bet it'll get the same stupid treatment King Johns Castle got :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

The Georgian House in Pery Square had a cafe in the old stables at the back of the Georgian house. Very nice but closed down due to lack of customers. The Hotel at 1 Pery Square has a Bar restaraunt overlooking the park which rarely has customers. Hard to see why anyone would go to the Art Gallery for coffee when people seem to prefer to be downtown.
    Personally when I want to go to the Park area it's to get some sun and read my book outside not inside a Cafe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The park is small enough without even more space been taking away...Im all for a nice gallery...but theres no need for any cafe there, theres one rite around the corner in Upper Catherines street less than 2 minutes walk away plus there are plenty of empty shops in the buildings they allowed to be build on the what they called was unused space at the other side of the park in Edward street which is still a sore point to me and many other local residents...

Advertisement